Ear Scab?

PolarStorm

Hi there,

My two year old boy has recently developed a scab in his ear flap, he doesn't seem to scratch at it and it doesn't seem to be bothering him very much. The scab hasn't grown much bigger but it ain't going away either! I've included a pic for anyone who can help!

Thanks

post-3488-0-91299100-1390208719_thumb.jp

post-3488-0-29082300-1390208743_thumb.jp

ok stupid question time: so do you know what caused that? I mean, there's no way that scab appears out of the blue... there might be some sort of an open sore there at some point. But now that it looks like a healed wound and it doesn't bother the dog, I won't worry. Of course unless it's something else. 

Hard to diagnose, and I'm not a vet, but I would guess that it is a fungal infection of some type. Best to have it checked out by a vet. It may not be serious, but you don't want it to get serious either.

I have no idea how it came about, it just all of a sudden appeared and hasn't went away, last week I looked at it and it was gone but now it's back? He lets me touch it and poke around in his ear. At first i thought it was just soiled wax but like I said it hasn't went away. I going to maybe try cleaning it with salty water to see?