Common Phrases That You Use Daily That The Rest Of Us May Not Know!

Osinn11

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's Roll - (Get in the car / let's go)

'n nat - (and that)

ahh c'mon now or Get outta here - (doubting something someone is telling you.)

Let's watch some football - (Football as in the american NFL version)

Let's go to the liquor store - (Utah has strange liquor laws you can't buy hard alcohol or wine anywhere but the state run Alcohol stores. Beer you can buy but it's only 3.2%)

'Sup - (greeting - what's up)

Let's Roll - (Get in the car / let's go)

'n nat - (and that)

ahh c'mon now or Get outta here - (doubting something someone is telling you.)

Let's watch some football - (Football as in the american NFL version)

Let's go to the liquor store - (Utah has strange liquor laws you can't buy hard alcohol or wine anywhere but the state run Alcohol stores. Beer you can buy but it's only 3.2%)

'Sup - (greeting - what's up)

3.2%????? And only at liquor stores?? I would DIE!! LoL

I get mad when I realize it's Sunday and we can't buy booze here and I have to drive to Illinois to get my liquor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3.2%????? And only at liquor stores?? I would DIE!! LoL

I get mad when I realize it's Sunday and we can't buy booze here and I have to drive to Illinois to get my liquor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

yep! watered down beer. Good stuff you have to go to the liquor stores. They are not open on Sundays either.

That's for the weak lol.... In a 10km radius of my house there's 7-8 places to buy alcohol and one is open till 10 or 11pm the rest are open till 9-9.30 every night except Sunday which they close at 5.30 and there's 4clubs/pubs in the area as well :)

can I just say that I have also learned a huge amount of phrases/sayings in the past years that I spent here? :lol: my favorites are:

1. Gobsmacked. This word literally pops out on my English quiz in class. People started swarming me asking 'where the heck do you learn those words from??' :rofl:

2. Screaming bloody murder. I love this one SO much I started using it myself without thinking twice :lol:

3. Two cents = opinion. Seriously? Money as the synonym of "opinion"? :lol: love it though

4. Number two. I laughed a lot when I first heard this LOL

5. Knackered. I can't help but think of someone being knocked out in boxing when I heard that LOL now using this word without thinking twice :lol: 

6. Party pooper. I spent many years thinking it's party POPPER. It immediately turned funny when I realized I was wrong 

can I just say that I have also learned a huge amount of phrases/sayings in the past years that I spent here? :lol: my favorites are:

1. Gobsmacked. This word literally pops out on my English quiz in class. People started swarming me asking 'where the heck do you learn those words from??' :rofl:

2. Screaming bloody murder. I love this one SO much I started using it myself without thinking twice :lol:

3. Two cents = opinion. Seriously? Money as the synonym of "opinion"? :lol: love it though

4. Number two. I laughed a lot when I first heard this LOL

5. Knackered. I can't help but think of someone being knocked out in boxing when I heard that LOL now using this word without thinking twice :lol:

6. Party pooper. I spent many years thinking it's party POPPER. It immediately turned funny when I realized I was wrong

Knackered to me means something entirely different again lol meaning a male being hit down below we say they were knackered lol :)

Its amazing how you'll start using certain terms without realising I do it to :)

Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

"prison riot" - I use this when I'm fed up with something or aggravated about a problem or situaton. I normally simulate the motion of flipping a table over too! ;)

It's now become a joke between me co-workers and friends. Car won't start? ah hell..... Prison riot! (flip it upside down) :lmao: