Yukon's Progress

Jay

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is also an option someone told me about, Canna Companion.  It is a cannabis-based product that is supposed to be over 95% effective in controlling seizures and worked for her.  It has less than .3% THC, and is NOT the same as letting your dog smoke weed lol.  I am going to discuss it with the vet, but since my state is not exactly progressive, I am not sure if that is even legal

I know!  They try to change that every year, and every year it fails lol

I checked into the cannabis law though, and that product IS legal, which surprised me. 

For now, the vet said to up his dosage of pheno, which is double from what he was taking before.  So far, so good.

Yea, Indiana is kind of a prude. We can't even buy alcohol on holidays or Sundays!  :angry: 

So no more seizures and today was the vet appointment. Yukon was a trooper! We had to go at 8am to have blood drawn and again at 2. We get the results in a few days to see if his pheno levels are good and the other bloodwork to check his liver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got Yukons test results back. The pheno levels are well within the therapeutic range, which is good. His blood panel test came back mostly normal with elevated ALT and ALP which measures liver damage but it's just slightly above the acceptable range which the vet said is normal with a patient on phenobarbital. So we go back every 6 months to have it checked.

Got Yukons test results back. The pheno levels are well within the therapeutic range, which is good. His blood panel test came back mostly normal with elevated ALT and ALP which measures liver damage but it's just slightly above the acceptable range which the vet said is normal with a patient on phenobarbital. So we go back every 6 months to have it checked.

My dad's English Springer Spaniel developed seizures and was on phenobarbitol for six years. I hope it works as well for Yukon as it did for Callie.