Wodak Broke His Leash!

BlueWolf

As explained in I brought Wodak along to an open day of my school were I helped out. Or actually Wodak did as he was the main attraction  :lol:

He was tied to the radiator as I didn't want him to run around and possible escape outside or to the stable when visitors walked through the doors. He was mostly okay with it but didn't always remembered he was tied down. I was keeping an eye out for the radiator as I wasn't sure how much force it would hold. Turned out the radiator was much stronger than his leash! While playing with a ball, Wodak threw it across the room. He ran after it and without stopping just tripped the clip of his leash. Luckily the room was filled with dog equipment so I used a leash from school for the rest of the day. But when investigated what broke I had quite a shock. He had just ripped the metal part of the clip. I just ripped! That's quite a lot of force he had used then!

Normally (when out walking) it's not so much of a problem as you act as a damper. But when you have your dog tied to something that doesn't move, it's probably not a good idea to just rely on these clips!

post-2355-0-71198200-1390663408_thumb.jp

Have no seen that type of failure in our leashes. He must have some brute strength.

Mine all have security clips

Glala has an extra one as well as she's the one that's the biggest problem when she's loose. Dana and Wodak are not an issue. All three don't pull on walks anyway. This is the first time I've seen Wodak actually trying to pull something. Or actually, he just ran after his ball and just forgot he was still on the leash rather  :huh:

Glala has an extra one as well as she's the one that's the biggest problem when she's loose. Dana and Wodak are not an issue. All three don't pull on walks anyway. This is the first time I've seen Wodak actually trying to pull something. Or actually, he just ran after his ball and just forgot he was still on the leash rather :huh:

lol ill hedge a bet he forgot ;)