The Time Has Come [Urgent Help Needed!]

Elyse

Mot much I can add. Cj also has had issues with SA. We were able to work through it and crate train her. She loves her crate now and is perfectly calm while in it. You know what I think the secret to our success was? ACE! Tell your dad Suka needs a friend! ;) Joking aside, I will echo what Megan has said....we are all hear to help in any way that we can. Keep us posted!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE:

Just finished skyping with my folks. Dad seemed to have calmed down a lot (thanks to my Mom, I think), although he still wants me to crate train him ASAP (or get somebody to train him). He said to me he realized that he's just a dog (they would always treat him like a little person, which angered me because it always set me back on my NILF training!), he didn't do it on purpose, so he can't blame the dog. He says that crate training (he calls it 'cage training') is a good idea because not only does it protect against damage, but it also protects him from himself (hmm...sounds like what I said years ago!) as he saw dried blood on the blinds and window this morning.

He also admitted that I was right all along when it came to crate training, that he should have listened to me, and that they probably contributed to this because they spoil him all the time. I'm so relieved - we seem to be out of the threatening "he will be rehomed!" stage to the "okay, he's a dog and its not his fault...what can we do to fix it?" stage. 

Thanks for all the help/support guys, its much appreciated. I LOVE this forum! :D

That's really good news :)

Once everyone calms down things seem less intense. I'm sure your parents really love Suka and of course you! I guess, like with all of us sometimes we go through bad patches with our pooches and you sometimes find yourself asking 'why' am I enduring this. I know I do.

Keep thinking positive. :)

thats good. a heap of stuff of your shoulders i guess.

Crate training him will be possible but hard.

and noisy.

get a good strong sturdy crate, reinforce the edges with cable ties etc and padlock the door shut. aurora has 4 locks on her crate door at different areas to keep it shut and stop her getting caught in it coz she did one day!

thats good. a heap of stuff of your shoulders i guess.

Crate training him will be possible but hard.

and noisy.

get a good strong sturdy crate, reinforce the edges with cable ties etc and padlock the door shut. aurora has 4 locks on her crate door at different areas to keep it shut and stop her getting caught in it coz she did one day!

We also had to really reinforce Cj's crate. She doesn't mind being in it now but im not taking any chances.

Good to know that there is someone else out there that has to use 4 padlocks on the crate door to keep thier pup in. ;)

Have you thought of trying the Thundershirt...

I have heard of the thundershit, yes. I'm hesitant in trying it though, as I heard it works by gently 'hugging' the dog. Suka isn't exactly fond of hugs or of things wrapping around him (doesn't even like wearing harnesses)

Try it with a normal t-shirt first(using bullclips to make it more fitting a bit a the time)..I have heard from a friend that this could work on some dogs as well,,,,and is cheaper..worth a try....

Edited by robke

Glad your dad has come around :) I bought Sasha the thunder shirt she, like Suka doesn't like things around her doesn't really like her harness either but puts up with it, Sasha at first tried to rip it off it took her a few tries to calm down and realize it wasn't going to hurt her but she is fine with it now it helps her with fireworks and loud noises as said above maybe try a tshirt and some clips or something to get him use to the idea.

Hope it all works out for you and Suka xxx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

We also had to really reinforce Cj's crate. She doesn't mind being in it now but im not taking any chances.

Good to know that there is someone else out there that has to use 4 padlocks on the crate door to keep thier pup in. ;)

lol yeah. aurora has never really accepted it. she will go in it and slleep in it but when shes awake shes awake and not happy in it