Christmas Day plans

Val (Zebedee)

So, what plans have you got for Christmas? What will your day involve?

This year, we're having my Mum stay over Christmas Eve (so she's not on her own) so it will be a lazy morning (hopefully). Then downstairs & fight over who gets to open their presents first - human or husky! As it's Diesel's first Christmas with us, we have to video him with his stocking! :lol:

This year has another first, too - we're eating out for Christmas Dinner, I've always cooked before, but this year, I've decided to pay someone else to cook & wash up! :D

Then afterwards, well, who knows, probably back to ours for a few hours (& the all important afternoon nap during the Queen's speech!) then take Mum home .......

Boxing Day is looking like a 170 mile drive to the East Coast to pick Steve's 3 kids up then bring them back for a few days & get up to God knows what while they're here! :D

So, do you have any plans for the festive season yet?

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Get up before Louise does and make sure Santa's been - if it's early enough take the dogs for a walk before anyone else gets up then they will be nice and muddy - err i mean tired out. Louise opens her presents with the help of the dogs, then the dogs open theirs then me then marc tongue.gif

Marc's mum and dad normally bob up to see us and we go to see Marc's Grandma. Matthew comes at around 1pm and then he opens his presents, with the help of the dogs lol then we're going to my mum and dad's for Christmas dinner at around 2.30 eat till we roll off our chairs then sit and open our presents. My grandad and Uncle will be there as well so will be great to have us all together.

After that i'll come back for the boys and take them down to mum and dads where they will get more presents lol and sit and play games and watch Matthew play with his toys and the dogs with theirs.

Boxing day is normally spent at Marc's grandma's but I don't think she's putting a "do" on this year due to her husband passing away so a suggestion has been made that Duncan is having a party laugh.gif errr not sure if you know that or not yet though Dunc lol - don't shoot the messenger!!

up at 7am kids are allowed to wake us then

presents!!!!!!!!!!! i love seeing my kids open their presents

put dinner on (having turkey, first time in 12 years)

out for walk with micha and family

back for dinner

film

more micha walks (yes she gets 2 a day)

snack if anyone can eat any more after turkey and chocolates

film

bed

something like that i imagine

Sarah & Marc's for about 9am then up to chris's ( my other son ) open all the kids prezzies sorry help them lol then its down to my mums :)

No this I have never done in 32 years Susan and me are going to spend xmas here alone in the peace and quite, we are both looking forward to it apart from Saskia and wolf of course :)

Boxing day is on here Sarah :)

welll.....

Christmas Morning, wake up at home, open the living room door where santa has been and left lots of lovely presents for Josh and mummy and daddy!

We make up one of Josh's presents, so he can just go in and start playing! Then i sit next to the tree and hand presents to mikey and Josh, we'll open our stockings at some point during this (normally first)

Then have some breakfast, one of us will walk Eika and then over to Mike's parents for about 9am.

Once we get there, have a cup of tea and some danish cake stuff, then we're allowed in the living room where santa is always good to us!!! Mike's mom sits under the tree and hands out the presents, altho i think Josh will be helping her this year lol!

This year we are then driving down to my mums for about 2.30, then have dinner about 3. Open presents after...santa always makes a stop there as well!!

Some point in the evening, have a buffet...

Boxing day we'll still be at my mums (will be until the 27th) and my sister and her family are coming over to stay...again another big meal and i guess more presents as i think santa will get lost and leave some for us at her house, which she'll need to bring down!!!!

We are at home this xmas, normally go to Paul's m&d's (who r in the Maldives at the mo!!!) but this yr gunna stay at home with mum.

Already told every1 that i will be in my pj's ALL day. Just gunna chill in the front room with my 3 babies all day watchin telly n drinkin champagne!

Stopped drinkin after dad died bit said will toast to him on xmas day even tho he hated xmas! Miserable old bugger that he was lol

Bought some new pj's from Marks n Spencer £35 ! Now to me that is expensive but its got that cute little bear on it with the stitches and hes holding a teddy reindear!

Even tho Dads gone im looking forward to xmas for once!

kids wake us up about 6 o'clock. go down and open our pressies then go up to my mums where we have late breakfast and open more pressies and my brother and sister in law come up and Andy's mum and dad. Have a later dinner, take Sabre for a walk. We sleep over at mums and then we all go to Andy's mum on Boxing Day. Oh and eat loads of CHOCOLATE!!!biggrin.gif

Get woken up at some ungodly hour, not by the kids but by my wife,

Crawl downstairs to see if Santa has been (as if he hasn't),

Notice that there's no smell of turkey as last night forgot to turn the f*****g oven on,

Coffee,

Watch the kids open up their pressies, then the dogs then us,

Coffee,

Try and get all the kids toys out of their packaging and try to assemble them,

Coffee, (but by this time wishing it was alcohol time),

For the next few hours search the house frantically for batteries, dismantaling every remote in the house,

Kids bog off with their toys / games, leaving the adults to do the dinner,

Eat dinner, much too much dinner, with silly paper hats on and stupid jokes,

Sit down in front of television only to see there's a crap film on that you've seen thousands of times before,

Notice that you can't turn over said crappy film because there's no batteries in remote,

Do the washing up, the collosal washing up, washing up plates / dishes / glasses that you didn't even now you had,

Tea time and turkey salad / turkey curry / turkey sandwiches anything as long as it's turkey,

Sit down in front of television to watch the same channel as before for the rest of the night, and think "Well that's that for another year",

And in between all this make time for taking out hounds...

spend from 5am till 7am telling the kids to leave me alone and go back to bed

give in at 7am and make the kids wait till i've had a coffee lol

i sit on the floor by the tree (if we have 1 lol or if kato and niko have not eaten it lol) hand out the kids pressies and the dogs pressies this year :D

martin will start dinner,the kids have chocolate for breakfast and i'll clean up the kids mess and get moaned at by the kids to get dressed (i stay in my pj's lol)

by 9am the kids are moaning they need so and so batteries tell to wait till 10am when the shop opens (yes our shop is open christmas day thank god because we always seem to run out of milk or coffee lol)

spend most of the day looking for missing bits and bobs to find that kato has eaten them this year lol

have dinner about 3pm and remember this year i've got a dish washer so i dont have to wash up :D

watch rubbish on telly and eat to many sweets lol

go to bed about 10pm with a bad head lol

boxing day martin's great nan is coming over so another big dinner i will not eat lol

Guest snowdog

get up about 5.30 by three bouncing kiddies , watch while all my hard wrapping gets anyalated in 30 seconds lol, try to wake up with coffee, take piccies of said anyalation, whilst listning t xmas music, walk next door to mums, watch allmy mums hard work on warapping being anyalated lol, stilll waking up with another coffee, all family come round cards exchanged n prezzies, the yearly catch up with relatives that visit once a year lmao, eat dinner n pud, sit on sofa, whilst trying to do damage limitation yto mums house with kiddies, get roped in to many wonderful new toys with kids, (i like that part shhhhh) collapse n floor under three kids while they draw all over me most like n chill for rest of day lmao