After Your Wet Walks

Val (Zebedee)

do you wash your dogs down every time? Bath them? Towel dry them & leave them to it? Or do nothing?? :P

We have just come back from running Kav on the scooter. Has been dry all morning, but Sod's Law dictates when you come to walk them etc, it starts raining! It was quite heavy rain when we pulled up but thought "well, we're here now, let's get on with it!" :lol:  so Grumpy sped off with Kaviq & I walked with Fragglebabe (Lisa) as her Keeto who usually runs with Kav has not been well.

Of course, by the time we got back to the cars, we were a little soggy round the edges & the dogs had a good shake (inside the cars, mind :rolleyes:  ) and we came home.

They aren't too muddy thankfully, just wet with rain so I have towel dried them & left them alone, but what do you do when you come home from a rainy / muddy walk? I remember reading somewhere not to soap wash your husky too often and I know given an hour or 2, they are usually clean again (I swear their fur is made out of Teflon & the muck just slides off :D ) but I just wondered where you all personally draw the line with washing, hosing down, towel drying etc??

Bigby faceplanted in the mud today and he was absolutely covered in it. I know that most of the dirt will be gone by tomorrow so I generally won't bath him if it's just mud.

When he rolls in poop though that equels a definite bath.

Towels here too. It suddenly rained--heavily--when I walked Dime one afternoon. We both came home soaking wet. I towel-dried him for about 5-10 minutes and left him alone. Less than two hours later he's fluffy and clean again. Me, on the other hand... :facepalm:

We always come home wet at the moment; we walk on the common near Hollow Pond at the south edge of Epping Forest and it's more water than common at the moment. Alba loves to find the biggest, muddiest puddle and then lie down in it - and she's spoiled for choice at the moment! A run through the edge of the lake takes the worst of the mud off, and by the time we're home she's far drier than I am. A quick towel down and she's pretty much dry after an hour. Not needed to bathe her after a walk thus far.

I find having the two very hard work with all the rain we're having. Not only are they wet but also very muddy as we live on a farm. I can't be bothered to wash them so just attempt to towel dry them off, mud an' all. They do appear to dry fairly quickly but to be honest I've given up worrying about wet muddy floors as it's so ongoing I'll end up going round the twist if I worry any more :)