Forum Problem?

Keeonah

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the forum today. Since this afternoon every time I have tried to get onto the forum and look through the forum I have been getting a message coming up saying that the site is unresponsive. I am getting into the threads, eventually but it can take anywhere up to 3 minutes before it happens. Have tried other sites and have had no problems whatsoever. :confused1:  :erm: 

Gary.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not had any here that Ive noticed, but will keep my eye on it. Only problems Ive had with the forum today eventually turned out to be my own damn computer. Not thrown it across the room yet though so thats gotta be a good thing, right? lol

To be fair Marc I did think straight away that it was either me or the new laptop, but, as I've said, I have been on other sites and not had any problems whatsoever. I would have replied sooner but I have been waiting for it to load this thread. :rolleyes:   Here is a screenshot of what I'm getting.

post-9015-0-83602600-1391370878_thumb.jp

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

To be fair Marc I did think straight away that it was either me or the new laptop, but, as I've said, I have been on other sites and not had any problems whatsoever. I would have replied sooner but I have been waiting for it to load this thread. :rolleyes:   Here is a screenshot of what I'm getting.

attachicon.gifIMAG0322.jpg

Gary.

I can tell you what that is straight away. Its flash. I was having the same problems with Chrome and as much as I love it I ditched it because it was doing my head in. To test if its the same thing dont click on kill pages, instead click on wait and leave it for as long as it takes for it to error out. I would have thought you will find a message evertually saying "flash is unreponsive" or something along those lines. Now ironically I didnt have any issue with chrome until I started using windows 8 so wondering if that has something to do with it. Cant see to the left of your screen so not sure if your on 7 or 8

I can tell you what that is straight away. Its flash. I was having the same problems with Chrome and as much as I love it I ditched it because it was doing my head in. To test if its the same thing dont click on kill pages, instead click on wait and leave it for as long as it takes for it to error out. I would have thought you will find a message evertually saying "flash is unreponsive" or something along those lines. Now ironically I didnt have any issue with chrome until I started using windows 8 so wondering if that has something to do with it. Cant see to the left of your screen so not sure if your on 7 or 8

Ah, that reminds me of similar issues I had with flash. I solved it by disabling the Chrome's Flash version and using the one I already had installed on my computer.

Gary, if you want to try you can type in the address "about:plugins". There's probably a big list in there but try finding the one mentioning the Flash player. If you find two, you can try fiddling with the enable/disable button and see if it changes anything for you if you enable one while disabling the other.

Where do I type this in?? I have tried the usual suspects and had no luck whatsoever but then we are talking about me and computers. I can't understand why it has just started doing this when nothing has changed. It's on windows 8.

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

Where do I type this in?? I have tried the usual suspects and had no luck whatsoever but then we are talking about me and computers. I can't understand why it has just started doing this when nothing has changed. It's on windows 8.

Gary.

Just in the usual address bar. It's something I'm not sure will work but it's worth a try.

If that fails you can of course always try completely reinstalling Chrome and she if that helps.

Thanks Jos, now sorted. I noticed something in a link that Marc sent. When I went to the section headed CRASHES the bottom RESULT said that Avanti software is not compatible with Chrome. I uploaded a game the other day and I remembered something about Avanti. I have just deleted the game and it now works perfectly. As I said to Marc though I can't understand why it only affected this site.

Gary.

Thanks Jos, now sorted. I noticed something in a link that Marc sent. When I went to the section headed CRASHES the bottom RESULT said that Avanti software is not compatible with Chrome. I uploaded a game the other day and I remembered something about Avanti. I have just deleted the game and it now works perfectly. As I said to Marc though I can't understand why it only affected this site.

Gary.

Just depends on what the site is loading to be honest Gary. Supprising how often a problem with a single site can be a browser issue simply due to a set java script element it happens to use or a shockwave plugin on the site it doesnt like etc. Just a matter of circumstances adding to a big bang

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just depends on what the site is loading to be honest Gary. Supprising how often a problem with a single site can be a browser issue simply due to a set java script element it happens to use or a shockwave plugin on the site it doesnt like etc. Just a matter of circumstances adding to a big bang

Sorry Marc but that was all gobbledegook to me. :D You're forgetting that your trying to translate things to a complete pc illiterate. It takes me all my time to use the damn thing :rofl:  :rofl:

Gary.

Gary.

Ok so now the problem is back, I've been using it all weekend, have not loaded anything, haven't touched anything. Two hours ago the problem came back. Identical to before except it's now taking longer to get into anything. Totally peed off. Any ideas.

Gary. 

Ok so now the problem is back, I've been using it all weekend, have not loaded anything, haven't touched anything. Two hours ago the problem came back. Identical to before except it's now taking longer to get into anything. Totally peed off. Any ideas.

Gary. 

Really not sure m8. Can only say the same as I did previously and thats that I completely ditched Chrome for the exact reason of the problems you were experiencing. Only because I use a fair few other forums which are of a very similar build I was getting it all over the place. Its difficult for me to go through to any further degree without being physically on your computer to see the problem, but it sounds extremely similar to the issue I was having.

Have you tried completely removing flash and reinstalling it from scratch btw?

EDIT: Gonna try and do some serious googling on the problem see what I can find out.

Try this Gary. let me know if it does anything for you.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2057968/stop-the-shockwave-flash-chrome-crash.html

Now interestingly I did indeed have 2 versions of flash in my chrome. Gonna revert to using chrome for a bit myself and see if it fixes mine. I thought the last had fixed mine, but to be honest wasnt using it long enough to know for sure. 

Right guys I have followed up on what Marc advised. The page came up and said plug ins (10). I have turned them all off and still have the same problem. I then turned them on one by one and still have the problem. I'd be tearing my hair out by now but, been there and done that. :)

Gary.

Gary, first off you have to have some hair to pull out!

Marc, Friday (or so) Flash did an update ... I install them manually so I have some idea of when they're coming in - and they've been updating it all too often lately.  Someone who's computer literate and using Chrome might want to see if they determine what's bolloxing up the works so that update can be avoided ....

One suggestion if you do like chrome. Have you tried chromium? It's what chrome is based on but didn't have the third party stuff. So uses Flash you install, java you install etc. May be a more stable bet for you and means you can still use what you are used to

• 2 weeks later...

This morning I signed into the site to find that I could do absolutely nothing. All I could do was to look at the main page. I contacted Lee through Facebook and he has helped me to get rid of Google Chrome and install Mozilla Firefox. As you can see I'm now back on and everything is working fine. Thank you Lee for bringing me back to sanity.

Gary.