Not Well Atall.

BIGBY

Now, for the past few days I've noticed Bigby has been rubbing his quite frequently and that his eye-area is quite swollen. So i've been batheing the eye twice daily but it didn't seem to be making much of a difference so last night at about 7pm I took Bigby down to the vets to try and see what the problem was. He said that the actual eye has been damaged (He did say what part but it was medical terms and i'm no doctor.) He said that if this gets any worse it could lead to a surgical proceedure to remove some of the skin under his eye because at the moment he can't open this eye atall.

He gave some eyedrops that he has to have 2-3 times a day and then to bring him back in tuesday to asess what we're going to do from there...

Not quite clear on this photo, but it's his left eye.

post-11204-0-49603100-1391873072_thumb.j

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ben, I hope that Bigby's eye heals without further medical intervention.

Having watched our pack 'play fight' my bigest worry is that one of them may, accidentally, injure one of the others eyes as they spend the majority of their time 'targeting' each others snouts and throats and those canines are then dangerously close to the eyes of their playmates.

I believe that this is one of the reasons why our eyes are recessed into the skull, (on most animals and humans), so as to provide limited protection.

Not sure, though, whether Bigby's injury is due to trauma or to some form of infection?

I'm not sure how it could've happened but I know that we have alot of stray cats around my area and perhaps one of them attacked him while he was playing in the yard? It wouldn't be the first time stray cats have wandered onto my property.

I took him to my Granny's today who has a dog and they were being silly and playing together, so even though his eye is very sore he's stil his same old self. I just hope he's gonna' be okay I really don't want to put him through surgery but if it comes to it I will pay for it no matter what the price is.

Ben, Glad to hear that Bigby is still behaving normally, (that is always a good sign), and we sincerely hope that the eye settles down.

Fortunately, (after many thousands of years of evolution), most bodily components are now pretty resilient and, (even when they do suffer damage), they do manage to heal most of the time.

Fingers and paws crossed.