Guyga Comes To Stay

Val (Zebedee)

We got a call yesterday asking if we could foster a sibe short notice - like in an hour from the call! lol Our previous foster Malamute, Maya, went to her forever home a few weeks back so I said yes as we have room & I can't get used to only 2 sibes in the house. ;)

This boy is one of 3 that have come over from Ireland - a Mal, a tiny sibe (so small we are considering if he is actually a Klee Kai or even a Pomsky, poor boy - he's tiny! lol) and this one.

His name is Guyga - not sure how it's pronounced - we pronounce it Geiger (as in Geiger counter) but he does not respond so I don't know :huh:  He's between 18 - 24 months old & being booked in for the furry plum removal programme :blink:  but he's getting on great, acts as if he's been here forever already!

I love having loads of furballs around :rofl:

post-143-0-25658600-1391983283_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-68309500-1391983290_thumb.jpg

He is one handsome boy. Not sure how I would pronounce his name. It's a wonderful thing you do for these beautiful Huskies. What would become of them if not for people like you and Steve?

awww he's beautiful :D gotta love solid blacks :wub:

I'd pronounce his name Guy-gah as well. Is there even any other way of pronouncing it?  :o

He is a handsome devil!!  Glad he's settling in with the rest ...

Liv, as a matter of fact, the French pronounce the "Guy" part as if it were "Gee" (hard "G") but I'm with you all, I'd have pronounced it as Geige® as well.

Thank you everyone, he's turning into a right little terror now he has his paws under the table!  :rolleyes:  No, he is in fact a typical, cheeky, (mostly) well-behaved adolescent husky boy who plays well with Kaviq (and Myshka when she feels like it, the Prima Donna!) 

We had 2 days of him marking EVERYTHING - and I mean everything, my leg included  :o  - but the last 2 days, he has been great. He loves going in the outside run & kennel which gives Kav a bit of chill time. He is still extremely picky with his food, but I don't know if that's us trying to find the right food for him (the kennels he came from didn't know what he had been fed by his owner & they had trouble getting food in him too) or he is naturally fussy - but he's bouncy & alert, toileting normally etc so I'm not worried about him.

In response to us doing great things - we don't. We have a Diesel-sized hole to fill & what better way to do it than with a string of foster furries to look after, play with & love before they move on to their forever homes. We are so lucky we are in a position to do it, I know not everyone is able to whether it be resident dogs, property size - whatever - and I love it. Each day brings a new journey and as we all know, no two huskies are alike so that just adds to the fun  :lol:

Great to hear he's settled in so well. :)

What you're doing for them is awesome, there's a quote I've read before somewhere that goes something like this "if you rescue one dog, the world won't change. But for that one dog the whole world changes". So don't think for a second that what you're doing isn't special, because to them, you're very special indeed. Ok, mushy time over, lol. :) xxxxx