Otto Peed Inside Twice Today??

bamills1

Otto is almost 4 months old, and has been "potty trained" for a while. He sits at the door, or gets on the bed, and sometimes carries his leash downstairs. Any reason why he would have peed inside twice today? The first was on the rug next to the door right as I was about to open the door. The second was just now, when I finished vacuuming after brushing him he completely evacuated. We went to the park today and he has since been crashed in his crate by his choosing. Should I be concerned or is this normal for "potty trained" puppies? Please help because I feel bad for scolding him and putting him in his crate for being bad but I dont know what else I can do to effectively "potty train" him.

If he already did it I wouldn't punish him by putting him in his crate. If you caught him in the act a loud NO and take him right outside. It's pretty normal for that age too so I wouldn't be too worried about that. Accidents happen and did so for us until about 6 months old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Agree with jason.  Don't punish him after the fact, it's too late and chances are slim he won't even recall what he's being scolded for.  You might even find that he starts to associate his crate with punishment and no longer wants to be inside it.  Just clear it up and take him out frequently, particularly after sleeping, eating and drinking, or if he looks restless and wandering around.  If you catch him doing it then saying  "No" and taking him outside as mentioned should get the message across. 

But accidents will happen, particularly when so young.  It's a case of two steps forwards and two steps back but eventually they all get there.  :)

My guy is 4 months and still has his occasional accident we just say NO loudly then pick him up and place him outside and when he potties outside I tell him good boy...I wouldn't place him in his crate as he'll think that he is suppose to potty in there and not in actual house...we had that problem and it was hard to get broke

Our pup George is about 8 months now and still sometimes having accident and we think its mostly when he got very excited, especially when going outside in the morning for play. I can read him when he would pee so I can shout "stop" or "no" him to calm down and sit.