Broken

Mayra Armendariz Rodriguez

If you're still around ... I had my girl on a 100 foot leash one time, she took off running one way around a telephone pole while I was going around the other way ... she got her leg caught in the rope lead so when she hit the end it twisted her leg ... I thought for sure she'd broken it. Sounded like all sorts of disaster for about 5 minutes. She was in pain. I sat with her for a while to give her a chance to settle down before I picked her up to go to the vet.
By the time I was ready, she was up hobbling around and within a half hour you'd never have know she was hurt!
If he's up walking around on it, give him a while - maybe a couple of hours - if he's not putting any weight on it, then go ahead and take him to the vet, if he's walking on it, even if it's easy walking (like it's tender) then I'd hold off till tomorrow to see if a vet trip is really necessary.

I've always found it odd; when a dog is *really* hurting they, as the expression goes, "just suck it up".  When they've done something that hurts with no real damage they tend to make a "thing"out of it.

I'd compare it to someone falling off a ladder and breaking an arm - they're hurt but they're not going to make a lot of noise, they're going to get help; it's when you slam yourself on the thumb with the hammer that the noise really comes out.