Look What Came Today!!!!!!!!!!

Keeonah

Double joy. As most of you know I recently won an auction through DVLA to get a number plate for the car. Unfortunately DVLA only give you a certificate of entitlement and you have to get the plates made up with that.  I know of a place where I can get them made without any proof so as soon as I knew I'd got the plate I had them made. Today, in the post, I got the certificate from DVLA and the plates. Just need to fill the paperwork in now and I can get them fitted.

post-9015-0-55221100-1392842045_thumb.jp

Gary.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look great! Bet you can't wait to change them over.

I have 2 private number plates (ooh, get me bragging! lol) and I will say, be prepared to get a tug from PC Jobsworth over the spacing of the plate. Although it looks like the correct font & sizing so you may get away with it, but I know if they're having a quiet day, they may look twice at you ;)

They look great! Bet you can't wait to change them over.

I have 2 private number plates (ooh, get me bragging! lol) and I will say, be prepared to get a tug from PC Jobsworth over the spacing of the plate. Although it looks like the correct font & sizing so you may get away with it, but I know if they're having a quiet day, they may look twice at you ;)

LOL. We're used to PC Jobsworthy round here Val. Cambridge is the only place I know where you can commit murder and get away with it but strange number plates and tinted windows are definitely going to get you in deep brown stuff.

Where does Keeonah come from may I ask :)

If memory serves me it is either Alaskan or Innuit and means Fire and Ice.

I wish we could have personalized plates like that here!!

The best I have is the pet friendly plates that our state offers like this one:

attachicon.gifin2013petfriendly.jpg

In boring Great Britain we are not allowed to have plates like that. The fonts all have to be identical, no background shading of any description, spacing beween letters and numbers has to be uniform. You can have your country flag down the left side of the plate but that is it. Aren't we boring.

They are great! 

However are you allowed to have pictures on your number plates ??

Not really but as I've gone for the fact that the rest of the plate is pretty much legal, apart from one spacing, between the numbers and letters, I'm hoping that plod is not goiung to bother too much. If he does I'll just mention the amount of apaerwork for something so trivial. At the end of the day you can still read the number plate as can the speed cameras and, let's face it, that's what they're really worried about.I've seen a lot worse that haven't been stopped.

Gary.

Gary, just a warning that if you would come to the continent with those pic's on the plates they are super hot on wrong non-standard plates, And I am talking from experience € 150 on the spot fine for non conform picture on the plate...

Gary, just a warning that if you would come to the continent with those pic's on the plates they are super hot on wrong non-standard plates, And I am talking from experience € 150 on the spot fine for non conform picture on the plate...

£30 fixed penalty fine here :(  and there is no chance of driving on the continent for me. If I can't fly I don't go. :P . Wife got pulled with the last set of plates I had :rolleyes: , but, mind you, they were definitely illegal. Wrong font, background pic consisted of beach going into sea. dolphin jumping out of the sea, palm tree on the sand with a parasol and deckchair and the wording at the bottom read, lifes a beach. I shall also have a set of perfectly legal ones in the boot as they can be swopped in about 10 seconds. Just in case :D

Gary.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, just to update you. The authorisation came through along with the new M.O.T and tax disc. Guess who was busy changing them all over? :D

post-9015-0-86773600-1394310506_thumb.jp

post-9015-0-80085700-1394310568_thumb.jp

Spent a few hours cleaning it as well, bloody knackered now :coffee:

Gary.