Lazy Husky??

Char<3Kye

My boy is 3 and healthy and up to date with checks. Although he loves going out for walks and is very active when being walked( I walk him 5 miles daily) he is so chilled out at home and sleeps most of the day, I can entice him into playing tug of war or catch but he is happy to just sleep or laze around. I just wondered if other owners find this too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys I'm glad it's a normal trait it's put my mind at ease. I get worried as I had a husky pup once that had parvo and didn't survive despite me spotting it extremely early and his only symptom was lethargy. He had parvo when I bought him unbeknown to me as it was in the incubation period and it's always left me slightly paranoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two sleep a lot, though when awake they play really hard! I read somewhere that huskies sleep between 10-14 hours in a 24 hour period but think mine sleep for 16-18 hours per day. They get walked at least twice a day, plus toilet breaks, then the rest of the time they're awake they are throttling each other :) 

I used to worry about it too, think the dark nights don't help, though I'm not complaining :)

Kodi is lazy too. He loves his walks, but also loves curling up or spreading out on the sofa! Sometimes if I leave for work at 6:30am, he won't even go out into the garden, and on the evenings before bed, I sometimes have to chase him out his bed to for a wee! Lazy boy! He's never destroyed anything (touch wood) and seems very content. He still has the usual husky traits, but people are often surprised when I tell them how lazy he is!

Panda is fine just lazing around the whole day if someone is around. he has his usual hours where we walk or go to the dog park and that's when he knows and gets super excited.

He is okay not crated as well as long as he is exercised before, if not he can get bored and get super destructive.

• 1 year later...