New Gear!

Mobezilla

EXCELLENT!!! See, I'm not the ONLY crazy one?!

For three dogs this is my current rough count of stuff.

44 collars.

15 harnesses.

19 leads.

2 extra long leads.

1 flexi giant.

1 walking belt.

3 mushing lines (two 2-dog, one 4-dog)

Doesn't seem too bad. Roughly 14 collars, 5 harnesses, 7 leads per dog :D

... which is why I said your post makes me feel better in my madness.

oh, also forgot that I also have a walking belt LOL  :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! That's a collections lol looks great my lot need new collars, harnesses and leashes share? Haha

Question about the x-back harness is that used for sledding? Or can it be used to better control the dog? (Not sure what it's used for)

Wow! That's a collections lol looks great my lot need new collars, harnesses and leashes share? Haha

Question about the x-back harness is that used for sledding? Or can it be used to better control the dog? (Not sure what it's used for)

I think the x-back is used for pulling or racing (so, for example, skijoring, bikejoring, or working in a sled.) There's a kind of freight harness they use for heavier loads, I think, its not an x-back...I think its shaped like an H? An H-back?

are the X-backs a harness they can back out of? or are they like regular harnesses, but made specifically for  pulling?.. I'm just wondering what stops them from stopping and slipping out of them. No matter , I just  had a close look  and can see they are like normal harnesses :)   I must be honest and say I have bought lots of stuff  for my girl, specially when she was  a pup, most of it was bought on misinformation , and some was just utter rubbish. She is getting some decent gear now though The Julius K9 and small saddlebags, Collar and tag from Indi. walking belt . But even so, there is LOTS more to choose from ;)

Nooo sharing is caring but sharing means less for me :P

The x-backs are for purely sledding/biking. I use one of the front clip harnesses for walking, or just their flat collars. 

I think the x-back is used for pulling or racing (so, for example, skijoring, bikejoring, or working in a sled.) There's a kind of freight harness they use for heavier loads, I think, its not an x-back...I think its shaped like an H? An H-back?

Yup yup^ and yeah there's a freight harness for weight pulling and stuff.

And i have 1 poor collar and lead xD

It's great to have good incoming of money for your dog..

You see i don't even have support from my parents :/

Awh yeah I know the feeling. I live with my mom out of convenience because before she needed a ride from my aunts to her house and I could help her with errands (now unfortunately my cars broken so I can't really help much in that aspect), but I pay my rent, my own food, etc. The only reason I haven't moved out yet is because I haven't found a dog-friendly apartment like the one I'm in. But yeah, most my money goes to my dogs. I rarely eat out, I don't buy new clothes, it all goes to new collars/leads/etc. They eat better than I do.

are the X-backs a harness they can back out of? or are they like regular harnesses, but made specifically for  pulling?.. I'm just wondering what stops them from stopping and slipping out of them. No matter , I just  had a close look  and can see they are like normal harnesses :)   I must be honest and say I have bought lots of stuff  for my girl, specially when she was  a pup, most of it was bought on misinformation , and some was just utter rubbish. She is getting some decent gear now though The Julius K9 and small saddlebags, Collar and tag from Indi. walking belt . But even so, there is LOTS more to choose from ;)

Yeah the x-backs are just specific harnesses for pulling. You can get belly-bands made though to prevent the dog from backing out. And yeah, I personally am a fan of the indi-dog collars, love them! I have a Julius K9 for Cloud, but am not a huge fan of it. I know many have had great success with it, but with trying out so much gear, I prefer my x-backs for pulling even with Cloud, and then I have my wolf-packs for when we go hiking and I need them to carry stuff. It would be handy to clip the leash right on the back of the harness though with the saddle bags on the sides, wheras with the wolf packs I have to use a separate collar or harness to walk them on, but it works out well since I generally use the collar. ^-^