Need Advice/help

Bambi92

As we have limited money and my OH is never home because hes always working he's ment to work from 8-5.30 mon-fri and 8-4.30 on SATs but he doesn't get home till 7 most nights and 5-5.30 on SATs and gets paid crap money with no over time no holidays NOTHING! Its bs so I'm thinking about making a flyer thing to do dog walking locally for some extra money my problem is I'm not one to trust random people at all and I don't know where to start I'd have to take Phoenix with me in his carrier if he still fits in it so dogs that pull could be out of the question as I don't want to risk being pulled over and hurting Phoenix.

Where do I start?

I normally walk my two for about an hour.

What should I offer I was thinking small dogs 15mins for $5 or something like that but I have no idea all I know is there's a person that was offering $100 for half an hour twice a week for a lab.

But I'm not expecting a lot for it my area is mainly elderly and families.

What do you think I should offer and put on the flyer it'll be subject to weather and if dogs are child friendly that wouldn't stop people from ringing would it?

Thanks for any advice :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Laura

I think it's great you are trying to find ways of earning extra cash but I'm not sure taking a child on a walk with someone elses dog is a good idea. If I were going to employ someone to walk my dogs, I'd want to know their full attention is on my dog and not diluted by their child being there.  

What about offering a clothes ironing service?

Good luck :)

Laura

I think it's great you are trying to find ways of earning extra cash but I'm not sure taking a child on a walk with someone elses dog is a good idea. If I were going to employ someone to walk my dogs, I'd want to know their full attention is on my dog and not diluted by their child being there.

What about offering a clothes ironing service?

Good luck :)

That's a good point thanks :) there's a place 5mins from us that does clothes washing ironing ect. If water wasn't so expensive for us I'd do car washing for some reason I love washing cars lol and if the real estate drive past I'll get in trouble for car being on grass (the tap is on opposite side to driveway).

Is there much call where you are for working from home? ie sales or marketing, something like that?

To be honest I wouldn't know I don't know anything about that sort of thing the only job I've had was a kitchen hand in a small town pub so I don't know about other stuff and I'm not a people person in a way not sure how id go trying to sell stuff lol I looked it up and half of the things I found either wanted a background in sales or telemarketing or wanted knowledge of there product and I didn't have a clue what there products were lol

Sorry Laura I'm with Clare on this one... Personally I wouldn't hire a dog walker that walks my dog with a baby. What about creating artsy stuffs to sell online? Lots of people seem to do that these days and most of them earn a lot. I have a friend that makes handmade picture frame and greeting cards to order. She only needs to spend money for cheap ribbons, even cheaper colorful papers, some glitter and cute stickers. People won't mind paying a lot more than a store-bought greeting card because of the personal touch, so she earns quite a lot :)

Sorry Laura I'm with Clare on this one... Personally I wouldn't hire a dog walker that walks my dog with a baby. What about creating artsy stuffs to sell online? Lots of people seem to do that these days and most of them earn a lot. I have a friend that makes handmade picture frame and greeting cards to order. She only needs to spend money for cheap ribbons, even cheaper colorful papers, some glitter and cute stickers. People won't mind paying a lot more than a store-bought greeting card because of the personal touch, so she earns quite a lot :)

Thanks I might wait till Phoenix is older to do dog walking.

I have no creative skills at all haha I tried to paint a lioness with the numbers saying what paint went where and I stuffed it up lol depending on how much our next water bill is should come in this week or next if its not to bad I'm going to do the car wash thing seems to be very popular and I live on the corner of a main road so might get a few people :) hopefully no trucks don't fancy climbing had to do that with our 4wd we had and it was a pain in the butt lol

Hopefully it will all come together nicely. Most random people that do it say $10 for a wash is that too much do you think?

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to cars though it takes me 3-5hours to clean our car I'll have to work out a way to clean them quick but good oh that'll be fun lol

I'd say $10 is a fair price especially if my car would get washed for 3-5 hours :lol: undoubtedly squeaky clean! :P

I hate dirty cars lol ours at the moment is dirty inside and outside every time I see it I cringe I'll have to clean it over the weekend

Wonder how many people would pay to have there car washed by a random person lol

That's a good point thanks :) there's a place 5mins from us that does clothes washing ironing ect. If water wasn't so expensive for us I'd do car washing for some reason I love washing cars lol and if the real estate drive past I'll get in trouble for car being on grass (the tap is on opposite side to driveway).

Funny I'm the same way. I love washing cars. for whatever reason it's so calming to me.

If you feel $10 is a fair market price and you can turn profit off that I'd start your basic exterior wash price at $10. Charge extra for things like the interior, cleaning the mats, etc. Make sure you allow yourself the oppurtunity to make money. Good luck to you! :D 

Funny I'm the same way. I love washing cars. for whatever reason it's so calming to me.

That's why I use to find some car to wash every weekend lol there's only so many times a week one car can be washed lol

I was like that while pregnant lol except for one day I decided to wash our old 4wd which had been raised 4in and had 33s on it while I was 8 and a half months pregnant lol I got some odd looks that day even got a 'come wash mine when your done baby' from some nob that drove past lol glad no one could see the roof that day missed the middle oops belly was to big haha