Brushing Teeth?

michelle12

I use carrots for that....there are special dog toothbrushes and ones that you slip over you finger..but mine do not like them...I do not use dentasticks because the farts that come out after they have had them is just unbearable... :D

I use special toothpaste I get at PetSmart and brush their teeth once a week (at least I try!)  But they also get carrots and bones to clean their teeth too.  

You can get them professionally done at the vet but it is expensive because they actually sedate them to do it.  

I do almost all of the above lol.

I have a phobia of yellow teeth so I practically use a dog toothbrush, the finger brush to dig deeper in her mouth, bones, carrots, and to top off plaque remover in one sitting.(well, not the bones)  I probably do it 3 times a week but I find brushing dog fur and teeth fun so... I'm just really weird.

You can introduce it to your dog by putting it on your hand and letting your dog sniff it and lick it off.  Then put your hand on your dogs teeth.  Keep doing this until your dog is comfortable with your hand in his mouth. 

After that introduce the toothbrush and repeat.  I have to put Jelly on her back or else she'll keep walking around in circles when I push the toothbrush into her teeth so we're walking in a circle (not pleasant when you're on your knees on marble , lol)