How Many Miles/kilometers Do You Walk?

Chula

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use map my walk. Mine used to get 8/9 miles a day till I got ill now they are happy with there 5 maybe 6 miles a day sometimes less sometimes more but they we're each other out I do about 16/18 if not more a day as I take 2 or 3 at a time with 7 lol

I used map my walk but if I had to use my phone for anything else therefore minimising the app it cancelled it also if I got a phone call it would stop. I now use endomondo that track me whether or not I use my phone for other stuff.

am loving MapMyWalk! It talks when you reach 1 mile though LOL spooked the living daylights outta my boy! I still need three seconds to convert all the miles measurement to km ((why can't we have international measurement?!)) but today I figured out that Dime gets 4 miles walk every day. That's not a lot, but sufficient for a dog as lazy as him :)

Depends on the day. I'd guess we go about 3-4 miles on weekdays. Weekends vary. I guess it all depends on the adventure we plan for the day. Could be an extended walk through the neighborhood or a 8-12 mile up in the canyon! :D

During the week, I'd say I walk the boys between 7 and 10 kms, then at the weekend it varies alot. When all of my kids are home the dogs seem happy staying in or going out, they like the company and don't seem to crave walks.

The dogs aren't crated, so have free movement of a conservatory which is very long 13m, so plenty of room for running about. They spend a lot of their awake time playing and dragging each other round the floor :) which seems to wear them out.

They get 2 walks a day, one mid morning and one late afternoon but it usually depends on the weather. Each walk takes about 45 mins on average.  Since having two dogs I've noticed Harry doesn't get cranky if he doesn't get a long walk, so having two dogs is definately better than having one :)