Marking That Iv Never Seen

mismarked_duke

hello to all! Im new here and so far i love this forum! but lets get to the point shall we? I just adopted a 7month Siberian Husky named Duke. I have papers and a family tree. but my issue is his markings. Iv never seen any marked like him. and honestly it worrys me a little bit for some reason. Can anyone explain these? So far he is the only one iv ever seen.

post-11540-0-84840900-1393779577_thumb.jpost-11540-0-39578200-1393780200_thumb.jpost-11540-0-42693400-1393780271_thumb.j

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again! Oh wow, I see what you mean. I know you've only had him two days, did his previous owners tell you anything about this at all? Not sure if maybe he's been shaved and it's growing back patchy, or if this is his natural markings. I've seen some patches from sun bleaching but due to his age he isn't old enough to have encountered a hot summer yet. Is he blowing his coat at the moment? That can make for a patchy fur pattern. Other than that, I'm really not too sure.

The previous owner told me that he owned him from 7weeks till I adopted him. He has always been out side and now he's inside where it is warm and not -20 out. so he is shedding a little bit but his coat is still full.. His markings are random. Theres no real pattern to them. but most of the black is on one side and white on the other..

Ok, if he was kept outside all the time then I wonder if maybe he has been bleached a bit by the elements? If that's the case then now he's an inside dog, over time his coat should very gradually revert back to it's usual colour. But I'm just guessing here. One thing I will say is that it does look like somethings going on. Just not sure what?

It does look like his coat has underlying color thats trying to pop threw. And he does look like he has little spots like he's balding in a few spots.. more like his top coat is gone leaving the bottom.. He goes for a check up tomorrow I think. so we will see what the vet says.. i'm trying to post a few more pics but i'm having issues ahah 

Welcome to the forum (and thank you for adopting!)

He's certainly a handsome pup! :wub:

As for his fur/marking issue...I'm not sure. It could be because he was shaved and its growing back patchy, but only time will tell. 

Let us know what the vet says. :)

Wow, this is the second husky I've seen like this in a week now. While out at work last week a guy strolled past me with a dog with strange markings. I almost fell over when he told me it was a husky. I just didn't believe him. Now I'm seeing another that you obviously know is a husky. Looks like I'm going to be eating a large portion of humble pie the next time I see him :facepalm::oops:

Gary.

Wow, this is the second husky I've seen like this in a week now. While out at work last week a guy strolled past me with a dog with strange markings. I almost fell over when he told me it was a husky. I just didn't believe him. Now I'm seeing another that you obviously know is a husky. Looks like I'm going to be eating a large portion of humble pie the next time I see him :facepalm::oops:

Gary.

Well at least I know my boy isnt alone! haha. I just got off the phone with the breeder he got him from and she said she has never had a puppy like him. Markings that is. im really sorry for the pics. I cant figure out way they are turning sideways after I upload them. 

post-11540-0-27489100-1393791697_thumb.j

post-11540-0-07456300-1393791715_thumb.j

post-11540-0-36579200-1393791807_thumb.j

thanks! I have become very attached to him and he is now listening to me and sticking to me like glue... now if I could get him to eat and play. Does anyone have pics of a husky with this "splash" pattern fur?

You've only had him for a few days, so he's likely feeling insecure/confused which is why he isn't eating and playing. Mine didn't eat for a few days after I adopted him, as well.

You've only had him for a few days, so he's likely feeling insecure/confused which is why he isn't eating and playing. Mine didn't eat for a few days after I adopted him, as well.

Yea. i guess iv heard so many things about huskys and so far the only thing he is, is stubborn!  :lol:  but man is he learning fast!

LOL, welcome to the pack. Guess we are neighbors as well. How far north are you? Very nice pattern and a great looking dog.

Im right inside the border of montana about 40miles from North Dakota. and about 2 hours from Canada. I know quite a few people from Wyoming! and thanks. I love his pattern because its so random! if ya see him from the top half of him is black and the other half white!