Help My Puppy's Energy Drains Too Fast..

selfieselfie36

help me!! my near-3month old puppy plays, runs and jumps for a whole 45 minutes to an hour but rightafter that he sleeps for about 3-4 hours !!!!!!!!!1 then he wakes upa nd plays again but he wont last long, only abt 45 minutes again, then SLEEP again, he gets tired too fast, should I give Virbac Nutri-plus gel as caloric energy supplement, my friend told me to give that...im worried give me advice i bring him to vet later....

At three months old he's still a tiny baby. A babies energy comes in many short bursts, with rest periods Inbetween to recharge the batteries. As they get older they start to Need less sleep, although one of mine still spend most of his time lounging around on my bed, lol.

Jude, puppies are like little children - only (generally) smaller.  A baby who's just been brought home from the hospital will spend 20 out of 24 hours asleep and the other four eating!  You little guy is pretty much the same way, he'll play till he gets tired and then crash!  It's perfectly normal.

I think someone on here made the comment that dogs seem to spend 3/4 of their whole lives either asleep or resting ...

Like the others said, that sounds completely normal.  Huskies are energetic, however puppies can sleep up to 20 hours a day, so that sounds pretty common.

Also, I don't think you need to mix water with their kibble.  They should only need that when they are a few weeks old, but at 3 months he can have 100% dry kibble.

is if fine because they said husky is full of energy...im nervous..

Hi Jude welcome on board :wave: looks like you did your research before purchasing your puppy... because that is exactly what every dog breed profile web site says about our breed :lol: 

please keep in mind that the traits described in those websites are general traits. Each dog is an individual, and I'm telling you: lazy huskies are not rare. Come and meet mine if you don't believe me :lol: your pup is very young though so too early to tell, but in case he grew up to be a laid-back canine, please don't worry :)

Echoing everything that's already been said, panic not this is normal behaviour.

I've had a lab and a shih tzu and both were just like this when they were babies, albeit the lab had slightly more energy than the shih tzu lol.

I fully expect the same when we bring our husky home this week

Even now mine sleep all day , they are 4 and 5 years old

Please tell me your secret Nix...........I wish :D

Jude, unless your extremely lucky and end up with hukies like Nixs' that sleep all day, I would enjoy it while you can :rofl:

Gary.

Please tell me your secret Nix...........I wish :D

Jude, unless your extremely lucky and end up with hukies like Nixs' that sleep all day, I would enjoy it while you can :rofl:

Gary.

routine lol they know I don't wake up till 8 /half 8 at the latest so don't get walked till half 8 /9 n then they know what time their next walk is so usually just go back to bed, don't wake up till about 10 at the weekends or when I've got time off work too lol :-)

routine lol they know I don't wake up till 8 /half 8 at the latest so don't get walked till half 8 /9 n then they know what time their next walk is so usually just go back to bed, don't wake up till about 10 at the weekends or when I've got time off work too lol :-)

Lol, wish I could teach Ares that too. He's always up at around 6:30  :(

Skyler used to be shocking at waking up at like 6am but now I have to wake her up most mornings!

She also sleeps a tonne during the day.

Think she's seen the way I Laze about the house most of the time and has adopted my habits ha

:wtf:  another one whose dogs sleep all the time.  What are you lot doing? feeding them sleeping tablets or something :huh: . I'm going to have to loan Nina out, then we'll see how much sleep you get :D . She's our little dawn chorus, all on her own :rolleyes:

Gary.