Houdini The Husky

richd514

Great..just great. Saturday morning i put the dogs in their creates, and took my daughter with me to run a few errands while my wife was at work. Returned home appx. An hour and 15 minutes later to Turbo greeting me at the front door.

Today, when i got home from work, I came home to a husky sleeping in my couch (dogs aren't allowed on furniture). Great. Just wonderful. He seems to just be pawing at the crate door and corner enough to break it free. 20140303_191854.jpg

All i could come up with so far is an old key ring to hold the crates corner together, and a clip thing for the door. Hopefully this keeps him in.. I just hope he doesn't hurt himself if he keeps at it.

20140303_192308.jpg

he escaped from THAT opening? :jawdrop: rather than Houdini I'd say he's Sandman! 

I don't know how much this would help but what about covering the crate in a dark-colored blanket/fabric of some kind? Would make him want to go to sleep instead?

I think he slipped out through the door. The top latch is easy to pry open when the top corner tabs are pushed out.

I'd try covering his crate.. But I'm positive he'll get bored, and pull it in. He's done that to a towel that I left on top if his crate once before.

Well he was trying to escape again today. He was able to break the top latch free, but the clip kept the door shut. I'm still amazed that he is able to get that latch.

I went zip-tie crazy around all the locking tabs on the corners. Between the zip-ties, and clip i think he's secure!