Just Curious

mydiamond

How uncommon are small huskies? How often do you encounter an adult husky that is half the size of yours? Diamond is a BYB product, thus his way-off-standard physical appearance. It's understandable, but still not normal  :o closing in to his 5th birthday, Dime stands at 40 centimeters (15.7 inches) from paw to the withers. I'm not sure about his weight since I have only got a vet to weigh him once, and that's within his first week home. At 14 months of age, Diamond is approx 15 kilos (33 lbs). Even if it's true he didn't receive the best nutrition in his foster homes, he's still in ideal weight (well okay at the far end of it) when I pick him up. Today I can certainly feel he has gained weight but I'm still capable of picking him up for several seconds. 

So how weird is Diamond? Is this what they call a "mini husky"? :lol:

Maybe he's mixed with klee kai or something else? That's really small for a male husky. Plus he has a longer coat too, right? He sure is pretty though. Have you ever seen the parents?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by Chula

That does sound small for a male husky, even Yukon is small compared to breed standard.  I can't remember how tall he is, but he is about 44lbs and could probably loose a few (I think his ideal weight is closer to 40lbs). 

Maybe he's mixed with klee kai or something else? That's really small for a male husky. Plus he has a longer coat too, right? He sure is pretty though. Have you ever seen the parents?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I know, he's mini :lol: I've never seen his parents but my previous vet have. He told me Dime's dad is a gigantic wooly, but that's all I heard. We don't have Klee Kais in Indonesia... but who knows he might actually be mixed with something else along the lineage  :o

There are small Siberians out there and it is not totally uncommon anymore. More and more BYB are breeding them and selling them as mini Huskies :(.

(Removed Breeder Link : Andy)

Classic example there of someone who knows little and makes lots of **** up in order to make a sale.

woops can't post links to breeder sites here... but I do see what you mean :( that's terrible they even stated they "like to mix and match"! 

woops can't post links to breeder sites here... but I do see what you mean :( that's terrible they even stated they "like to mix and match"! 

Oops didn't remember that, guess I should have read the rules better. I edited it out of my post and reported yours so a mod can kill the link.

Oops didn't remember that, guess I should have read the rules better. I edited it out of my post and reported yours so a mod can kill the link.

Removed the Link