New Logo For My Photography

Dave

So I started taking 'proper' photo's when I got my new camera at Christmas and started off as 'DBP Photography' with DBP being my initials.

I then found myself explaining to people what the DBP was for, so after some thought decided to change it to 'Dave Perkins Photography'

Then came the task of designing a new icon and logo... I started with this:

post-2303-0-84878600-1394571365_thumb.pn

But although I like the camera image (which I made, took me a while) it held no relevance to me, so after a light bulb moment I went back to the drawing board and came up with the final product which is below. The reason I like this is because it looks unique and includes both my first and last initial so feels relevant to me.

Logo

post-2303-0-91253700-1394570946_thumb.pn

Like it can you integrate the Iris icon into the Letter P in photography

or do the iris into the letter "O"

Like it can you integrate the Iris icon into the Letter P in photography

or do the iris into the letter "O"

I did try that, it was one of my options to start with but I felt like it made it 'busy' so ended up opting for the cleaner look

Oh yes, now that is good. I also like the slight change from pet photographer to simply photographer. Broadens the scope should you wish to go down different avenues in the future. :)

that looks good and I agree with Emma about just Photographer...

Yeah my last one was just photography, however my business card was aimed at pets. I have adjusted the text on my page to hopefully show that I focus on pets but can do other things... I think lol

Kinda Like. . . . 

attachicon.gifPhotography logo idea.jpg

Yeah, It's when it's added to a busy photo that it starts to look busy. It's like I wanted to add colour to the logo but to ensure I could add to any photo, no matter what was in it I needed to do it in grey. Which I quite like to be fair, I have this one and one in a really light grey for dark photo's

Dave you keep leaving that expensive camera behind you someones gonna nick it !!!

great new sig too :)

... use the same basic layout you have done in version 2, but drop the text so Dave lines up with the "d" on the symbol. Photography should thence under but  line up (range left) with the "d". The P of the symbol will then float over the top of the name.

oops, just realised that you weren't asking for advice on this, sorry I had my design business work hat on...

The logo looks good as is. :)

Lol, thanks mate. I didn't really understand how you were visualising the logo though?

Dave you keep leaving that expensive camera behind you someones gonna nick it !!!

great new sig too :)

lol, oops luckily there is no one around.... I hope

I like it. I also really like your new signature picture. Love how you made yourself the center, but the dog is the focal point ~ that shot is awesome.

Thanks mate :up:

Lol, thanks mate. I didn't really understand how you were visualising the logo though?

lol, oops luckily there is no one around.... I hope

Thanks mate :up:

Yeah what I wrote was gobbledegook LOL.

FWIW - What I meant was basically pick up the icon and drop it on top of the 'p' in photographer. Basically keeping the staggered typography you currently have, but you may need to reduce point size of type and tweak the spacing between the icon and type. 

If you have a look at the logos on my (very dated) website you will see one called enerex and this is kind of a flip image of what I was thinking of.

http://thehatchery.com.au

In any case, stick with what you are happy with  :) Ëœ

I would SO hire you if you're close by! There's no pet photographer in my area :( my neighbor takes amazing pics and used Dime as an object once (sent me all the pics they're wonderful) but he only does it as a hobby so doesn't feel right to ask him do a photo shoot..