The Blank Stare

What is up with the blank stare? I work with Nava 3x a day on basic verbal/hand commands. I make each session about 5 to 10 minutes. Lately she turns her head and stares off in the other direction. I can wave my hand in front of her face and get no response...It's like if she doesn't see me, she doesn't hear me. I've trained many family dogs over the years and this is a first! Any advice would be appreciated.

She's a Husky.

There are times when you are the best thing next to a big juicy steak.

and Other times when you are something that fell outta her rear end.

She's a Husky.

It aint rocket science.

I have 2 Huskies and a White German Shepherd.

The Shepherd Does as she's told and I can read everything in her eyes.

The Huskies . . . . Do what they want, when they want.

If it's what I want it's because either they're hungry or it suits them.

Shepherds obey.

Huskies, think about it. . . . . make a decision, then let you know

Either with a look or with a kiss

I've never owned a full blooded German Sheperd but I've had 3 German Sheperd mixes. My current 10 month old female Cali, is a Basett Hound/German Sheperd/Portuguese Water Dog mix. Her intelligence, like the others, is off the chart. My pups are so completely different but I'm hopeful that we will come to a happy medium. This is Cali...

post-11524-0-57395700-1394579129_thumb.j

Yep that about sums up my experience with my husky. She does what suits her, or occasionally what I ask if she decides she has no other option. They are hard headed and strong willed! I see the difference every time I watch my friends with their non huskies. I do way more training with mine, and see way less consistent results!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've never owned a full blooded German Sheperd but I've had 3 German Sheperd mixes. My current 10 month old female Cali, is a Basett Hound/German Sheperd/Portuguese Water Dog mix. Her intelligence, like the others, is off the chart. My pups are so completely different but I'm hopeful that we will come to a happy medium. This is Cali...

attachicon.gifCali.jpg

Eeeeek gorgeous dog :D :D you should post more pics of her! 

Sometimes Diamond does the "blank stare" too, but if I poke/tickle/tap/squeeze his fluffy cheeks usually he'd be kind enough to look at me. Usually.

Yep agree with Andy... As they are my dogs too.... Huskies do as they please and can ignore you better than a teenager with headphones in or customer service assistants!!!! Lol unless you have biscuits or in my dads case fruit n nut mix;!!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk