Darwin Got Out. . Sigh

Andy

So Echo starts barking

Someone coming up the drive.

Echo is up at the window giving the visitor the good news.

Daughtry is just chillin, nothing fusses her.

Darwin is out in the back garden. . . . or is he ???

So I shut the living room door keeping echo and daughtry in.

Shut the stairgate by the front door. Job done :up:

Open the Door Little bald man wibbling on about god and waving copies of the watchtower.

Suddenly there is a grey and white blur shooting past my legs and out the door.

Darwin had been chilling on one of the beds upstairs.

Oh, crap. . No No No !!!!!

with no apologies to the godbotherer I leg it after Darwin.

The road out front is 40 miles per hour, not that anyone ever stays that low !

Of course now it's a chase me game.

I'm just trying to keep him from bolting onto the road.

In and out of peoples gardens over fences up back gardens

Every time I get close he slips past and out to the front road again.

finally he shoots up between two houses that thankfully have the gates to the back gardens closed and I corner him.

Phew !!!

I get hold of his collar and he's twisting and trying to nip my hand.

So one handed holding collar other hand I struggle to get my belt off.

Slip it through his collar and off we walk the half mile home.

Him trotting happily me trying to keep my pants from falling down.

Neighbours looking out windows at the madman and his dog that just trampled over the daffodils

Get back home front door wide open, no sign of the Jehovahs witness

Echo and Daughtry in the Window watching with big grins on their faces

Damn Dawg.

Very pleased with himself

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad it had a happy ending.  Lucky the other two didn't decide to go walkabout with the door wide open.  You walking back with Darwin trotting along without a care in the world and you trying to keep your trousers up would definitely been a youtube moment. :rofl:

Glad it had a happy ending.  Lucky the other two didn't decide to go walkabout with the door wide open.  You walking back with Darwin trotting along without a care in the world and you trying to keep your trousers up would definitely been a youtube moment. :rofl:

I'm always careful when answering the door.

Dogs in the front room with door shut and a stairgate between that and the front door. So Echo and daughtry were well coralled

However the stairs finish right by the front door.

I thought Darwin was in the back garden enjoying the sunshine, had he come in while I was at the door the stairgate would have stopped him.

However being upstairs he shot down the stairs and out before I knew what was happening.

Heart stopping moment.

Typical Husky seizing every opportunity.

and. . . 

Hopefully my fat ass won't be appearing on you tube :P

Cheeky Darwin, making his dad run down the street like that and almost lose his trousers too! :eek:

Glad to hear your quick thinking got him home safe and sound. :)

Didn't even think to grab a lead, they are in a cupboard by the back door.

Was more worried that he'd shoot off into the road

and if I stopped to get the leads he'd have disappeared and then I'd have had to hunt for him as well as catch him.

If I kept him in sight I'd at least have a chance to get hold of him.

Wow that is a heart stopping moment!  Although I can't help but wonder if they all plotted together to get rid of the little bald Jehovahs witness for you :D

Glad he is back at home safe...and it made me chuckle because I pictured you walking back with Darwin in one hand and holding up your pants with the other  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

Wow that is a heart stopping moment!  Although I can't help but wonder if they all plotted together to get rid of the little bald Jehovahs witness for you :D

Glad he is back at home safe...and it made me chuckle because I pictured you walking back with Darwin in one hand and holding up your pants with the other  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

Thanks Jay.

Echo Usually gets rid of them without any help when the hound of Hell is slathering and howling with flashing teeth and slobbering on the windows

they usually turn tail, but this little guy was obviously made of sterner stuff. 

Bloody hell dad

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Yarp but nothing we haven't dealt with before.

At least he stayed off the road.

Got to near the top of the houses before I caught him though.

Myshka did the Great Escape yesterday .... :rolleyes:

Steve has been working in the house while he has little work on, totally changing our bedroom, new furniture, decoration, extra sockets etc. He had been in the garage with the front garage door open and the dogs were loose in the house, french doors to hallway & front door securely shut but back door open to the garden. Steve went upstairs with a drill or hammer or something then heard a knock at the front door - it was a lady from over the road asking if one of our dogs was out. He said no, the dogs are here .... Kaviq in the window, Guyga in the middle of the floor and Myshka ----- nowhere to be seen! She pointed down the road (we are a quiet cul-de-sac with another gul-de-sac branching off at the bottom) where Steve saw Myshka's head poking round the corner of the bushes looking up at him, ears erect & I swear there would have been a smile on her face! (I was in work so had to wait for text updates!). The back door of the garage had blown open enough for her to get through, she had maneuvered herself through the assault course of ladders, dog rig, 2 motorbikes, tools, car roof box etc and got out. Why Kaviq & Guyga never followed I don't know.

He called her and - YEP, off she darted away along the other cul-de-sac :rolleyes:  so he followed her, in & out of gardens, always getting within 4 feet of her then off she sprung again. He managed to corner her in a garden - or so he thought as she put on a spurt & ran straight past him out on to the footpath and back up towards our house ..... then straight past that, down the alleyway & on to the fields where we walk them!

Long story short, an hour later I get a text, he had finally caught her thanks to an offlead Staffy that she decided she wanted to play with whose owner was happy to grab her scruff & put the other arm under her belly until Steve caught up & put her lead on.

She might be over 8 years old but that fluffy little ball of fun that we bought all those years ago STILL leads us a merry dance when she can - the witch!! :rofl: Thankfully we do live in a quiet part of the village where the only traffic is residential with sleeping policemen so no speeders as such :facepalm: but thank goodness for Mrs Woman over the road seeing her go

Thanks Val reading that made me feel so much better :clap:

Once your heart rate has dropped down a bit and you've cussed them out a bit then given them a big cuddle it's all ok again.

But seriously we're all getting a bit long in the tooth to be gallivanting around like that :P

And yesterday I was taking out the garbage. Let the garage doors open. Didn't realize Nikko was still in the courtyard. He comes trotting through the garage to meet me. A few more feet and he would have been able to take off! Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

And yesterday I was taking out the garbage. Let the garage doors open. Didn't realize Nikko was still in the courtyard. He comes trotting through the garage to meet me. A few more feet and he would have been able to take off! Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Lucky escape

Oh Andy, so glad you were able to snare Darwin and that he suffered no injuries. They are sneaky though.