Traveling With A Husky Abroad

Hazza

Hello just looking for some advice. I and my oh will be travelling through Denmark and sweeden in April and was wondering what each boarder like to be stamped in the passport our boy had his rabies vaccination yesterday and the vets said we can travel 21 days after vaccination he will be having his tape worm treatment two days before we leave.

Does anyone know of anything else he will need and do we need to phone the boarder control t tell them we will be coming in I the country. I hve emailed defra but had no reply as of yet .

Thank for your help

You do not need to do anything apart from having the pet passport all completed together with his chip details... and which border control?? it is rare n the mainland to see border control between UK and the continent yes and depending how you travel from Danmark to Sweden there is not a  lot there either,...

Hi Hayleigh :) I can't offer any advice, but please do keep us updated with your traveling experience. I'm about to go to college in the US and once I'm allowed to move out of the student housing I'm planning to bring the dog over. It would be amazing to hear another husky owner's story about traveling abroad with a heavy-shedding, energetic fur ball :) 

We hae been told to phone the boarders between Denmark and sweeden and the boarder between sweeden and Norway to tell them we will be travelling with a dog this was advice that was online the vets don't seem to know anything about traveling with a pet. This is why I asked if anyone knew anything about it. And I will keep you updated :)

Well if there are checks there you just tell them when you get there no need to tell them ahead of time.

It's possible that you need to let them know ahead of time in case your dog belongs to a breed that is banned in that country and so you may not be allowed to take

it into that country.

It's possible that you need to let them know ahead of time in case your dog belongs to a breed that is banned in that country and so you may not be allowed to take

it into that country.

That could be possible but then it normally would be a banned breed in the UK aswell and France will not let you in either...

That could be possible but then it normally would be a banned breed in the UK aswell and France will not let you in either...

Sure

• 4 weeks later...

So we have arrived after a long few days in the car we have one very tired husky! He was brilliant isn't couldn't have asked for a better dog, he didn't complain about anything and didn't mind being in the car Sunday,Monday and Tuesday. Had to phone the danish boarder 24 hrs before arrival and have his passport checked.