Ever Notice The Huge Dog In The Corner Of The Page?

bamills1

That's Diesel "Big D" 

He went over the rainbow bridge a few months ago.

He belonged to Val one of our Supermoderators.

He was a gentle giant loved by everyone who met him.

At meets was always patient with other people and dogs and was always happy to give husky kisses and cuddles.

His picture there is a tribute to one of the forums legends

We all miss him.

Well now that I feel like a terrible person. I guess I never thought that the dogs on the page actually belonged to someone we know. It sounds like he lived a long, fulfilling life.

The 3 dogs in the masthead are

Kimba Kaiser and Kodah they Belong to Marc and Sarah ( creators / owners of this wonderful forum and general all round awesome people)

I wish we had more members down here. I mention the forum to people w/huskies that I meet at the park. It seems like a good bit of members have met in person on here. I guess that is to be expected when you own a northern breed in Alabama haha

Hi Brett, Diesel was my dog. That is him on the left in my avatar too.

He was a rehome, he came to us at 6 years old and lived with us until he was 10 and a half. So we only shared just over 4 years with him but he was the most amazing boy! lol He wanted nothing more than to walk along side people getting fussed & cuddled, he diffused doggy fights at camp, and only when he passed over (he had incurable cancer and went to sleep 4 months ago today) did I understand the depth of feeling for him from people he met & members on here that live far & wide & never got to meet him in person but grew to love him too. There have been a few discussions on here about which country he would go & live in if I ever had to rehome him myself (as if that was ever going to happen, lol), I think it ended up a real contest between Linda (Valkyries) in the UK and Rosemary in South Africa!

He would be really offended if people, especially children walked past & didn't at least give him a pat on the head :lol: He was a big guy, he went up to 55kg (8.5 stone) but we got his weight down to 46kg when he took ill. But as people are saying, he was a gentle giant, he had something about him that people loved, even people & children who were fearful of big dogs came & cuddled the "Grizzly Bear" :P

Please don't feel bad about your words, I am so grateful for Marc & Sarah having him on their forum so that people can ask about him, it must seem strange a "random dog" sitting up there if you don't know why :rofl: but he would walk far & wide with the group walks he went on. By the way, we got to talk to his breeder once we found out where she was and Diesel's Dad, Casper was even bigger then him :o  :P

Hi Brett, Diesel was my dog. That is him on the left in my avatar too.

He was a rehome, he came to us at 6 years old and lived with us until he was 10 and a half. So we only shared just over 4 years with him but he was the most amazing boy! lol He wanted nothing more than to walk along side people getting fussed & cuddled, he diffused doggy fights at camp, and only when he passed over (he had incurable cancer and went to sleep 4 months ago today) did I understand the depth of feeling for him from people he met & members on here that live far & wide & never got to meet him in person but grew to love him too. There have been a few discussions on here about which country he would go & live in if I ever had to rehome him myself (as if that was ever going to happen, lol), I think it ended up a real contest between Linda (Valkyries) in the UK and Rosemary in South Africa!

He would be really offended if people, especially children walked past & didn't at least give him a pat on the head :lol: He was a big guy, he went up to 55kg (8.5 stone) but we got his weight down to 46kg when he took ill. But as people are saying, he was a gentle giant, he had something about him that people loved, even people & children who were fearful of big dogs came & cuddled the "Grizzly Bear" :P

Please don't feel bad about your words, I am so grateful for Marc & Sarah having him on their forum so that people can ask about him, it must seem strange a "random dog" sitting up there if you don't know why :rofl: but he would walk far & wide with the group walks he went on. By the way, we got to talk to his breeder once we found out where she was and Diesel's Dad, Casper was even bigger then him :o  :P

Thank you for telling me that. I hope I did not offend anyone by what I said, it sounds like I did not, but at the same time I can only feel as if I did. Consider this yet another lesson learned the hard way for me. Thank you for being so kind about it in the end.

Honestly, no-one is offended, he wasn't known as Big D for nothing :rofl: 

Valkyries Odin has just passed over the Bridge in almost identical circumstances to Diesel 16 weeks to the day after D, he too was an amazing boy & I know D & Odin will be patrolling the perimiter, keeping the other dogs in order till their packs are reunited once again :D

Thank you for telling me that. I hope I did not offend anyone by what I said, it sounds like I did not, but at the same time I can only feel as if I did. Consider this yet another lesson learned the hard way for me. Thank you for being so kind about it in the end.

LOL we all suffer from "foot in mouth" syndrome occasionally. :P

I never met Big D, and so I feel that I have been sort of short changed. But through this forum, I have experienced the next best, reading all the posts of those who did meet him.

Big d was just a legend... I wish eden-willow would have had a chance to meet him...he was a prince in a fluffy coat xxxx

Odin was a great boy too.. He will be missed by all

Run free at the bridge and chase squirrels and pee on people

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Big D was a wonder to behold, such an incredible and beloved big guy - he looked more like my Taiya's twin than bother Leon (RIP) did - they were like the little and the large mirror images right down to the one blue eye and one brown eye.  He was indeed a legend:-)