Upset And Mad :(

Mia-Blue

I can't believe the cheek of my ex!!!

He's taking our son on holiday for the first time this year. Kurtis will have just finished his GCSE's and will be 16.

The thought of it leaves me feeling quite ill as his dad can be a violent drunk (the reason we spilt up)

The only reason I'm letting him go is because he's 16 and extremely sensible, his Grandma is also going which makes me a bit more relaxed about the whole thing. But I know I'm going to be on edge the whole week and worrying about my boy.

Anyway the reason for my annoyance; the ex has just phoned telling me I have to give Kurt £10 a day spending money.....now don't get me wrong I will be giving him some spending money, but it'll be an amount I decide......when I explained we were also going on holiday this year and I'll be giving him some spending money, as well as his 2 sisters for our holiday the amount I give Kurt will be decided nearer the time.

Well then came the usual torrent of drunken verbal abuse, I won't go into details but I'm now crying and even more worried. Kurt was present throughout and also spoke to his dad and was sworn at lots :( He is adamant he's going on the holiday and feels he can handle his dad.

He really is such a good lad and hugged me telling me he'll be ok and it doesn't matter about money....thing is I have every intention of giving him more than enough to spend. I just don't see how the ex can dictate to me about money when I've battled with him for years about getting maintenance!

:happyditto: ..I have an ex-wife and she as a mean drunk 24/7...and did not keep promises to the kids....

Alcohol really has a lot to answer too

He's gone months at a time over the years without seeing them, but feels he needs a medal now for taking him abroad!

He is also the reason for many of our daughters emotional problems and the reason she is under CAMHS :(

Alcohol really has a lot to answer too

He's gone months at a time over the years without seeing them, but feels he needs a medal now for taking him abroad!

He is also the reason for many of our daughters emotional problems and the reason she is under CAMHS :(

I could write books...my son lived with me...My daughter lived with her in Finland until 4 years ago...she always had/has problems with promises...Daughter was 18 2 weeks ago and ex said she was coming with her new hubby (I even said they could stay in our house and I pick them up from airport) for 1 week...did she nope...so medal are staying in the draws here aswell...

ALCOHOL is for some people the root of all evil  and the biggest problem is that they do not even realize it and say that they do not have any problem with alcohol....

I could write books...my son lived with me...My daughter lived with her in Finland until 4 years ago...she always had/has problems with promises...Daughter was 18 2 weeks ago and ex said she was coming with her new hubby (I even said they could stay in our house and I pick them up from airport) for 1 week...did she nope...so medal are staying in the draws here aswell...

ALCOHOL is for some people the root of all evil and the biggest problem is that they do not even realize it and say that they do not have any problem with alcohol....

You're right there, unfortunately as he holds down a job he doesn't see his alcoholism is a problem :(

I'd like to say I'm glad it's not just me......however I really would not wish this constant stress on anyone, especially when it is the children who always come off worse

Kurt is very mature though and can see his dad for what he is, he really does make me proud! He's gone out tonight with his friends after giving me a huge hug x

:grouphug: don't really know what to say Debs, haven't got many sage words of wisdom (no surprises there then :P ). But am here for you when you need to let off some steam. :).

Thanks Emma, he always manages to get under my skin and I really shouldn't let him.....I just don't know why he still thinks phoning me drunk is ok!!

Oh and apparently I have to buy all his holiday clothes and his suncream etc as he pays me £20 a week maintenance!! He's maths Tutor alone costs me £28!!!

You really should live closer Emma, Bacardi and a good old moan would,have been great (not that alcohol is the answer of course)

Rant away, its what we are here for xxx. Sounds like your son is more you than him and you've done a great job bringjng him up. He is obviously trying to control and doesnt like that he cant x

Thanks Tina <3

I've since received a text message from the ex telling me not to contact him as he's sick of me asking him for money!......it did make me chuckle seeing as it was he who was asking me! But I'm happy to oblige!