Huskyproofing A Garden.

Keeonah

A while ago my daughter, Jacqui, and her husband decided that they needed a bigger house. The main reason was that they needed 4 bedrooms as the 3 kids were at quite different ages and the little boy has learning difficulties. They finally got the chance to move in December as a 4 bed house came up for exchange. The house was in a terrible state, ramshackle and rundown, but Jac looked at the bigger picture and saw what the potential was. They moved in December, taking things slowly with the decorating. In January her husband decided that he was going to walk out on them. Apparently he wasn't spending enough time with his friends. Jac, although being very upset, did not dwell on it. She has 3 kids, 5 huskies, a ramshackle house and a job to hold down, and she now had to sort it on her own. During the nasty winter rain Lyn has been round there as much as possible clearing the crap out of the garden and getting it all out the front and at weekends I have done endless tip runs. Yesterday a building supply firm turned up and delivered, 2 tons of sand, 21 concrete posts, 20 bags of cement. 50 15 foot cant rails, 350 feet of Gravel board and 500 5 foot lengths of feather edge board. The garden has now been cleared and levelled, the base for the dog run is in, just need concreting and today I am round there putting the concrete posts in. Hopefully the huskies will be able to get away from the little box that they are confined to at the moment. If I remember, I will get some pics up later.

Gary.

Wow!! Well done Jaq for keeping it all together

and well done you two for pitching in and helping out.

Sounds like an epic fencing project

Good to hear the garden is in good shape :) the dogs would certainly be happy. This thread sorta reminds me to this dialogue in The Insidious:

A: "Sometimes I feel like the world is pushing me to see how far I would bend before I break..."

B: "Well, the world is picking a fight with the wrong chick." 

Well, after an epic days work we're 3/4 of the way down one side of the garden. Any and all volunteers would be gratefully accepted ;):D

Gary.

P.S. Don't worry guys, only joking, I know that if you all lived closer I would be inundated with help. :rofl: :rofl: .

Edited by Keeonah

Well, after an epic days work we're 3/4 of the way down one side of the garden. Any and all volunteers would be gratefully accepted ;):D

Gary.

P.S. Don't worry guys, only joking, I know that if you all lived closer I would be inundated with help. :rofl: :rofl: .

I've got a nail gun and I know that really makes the job easier than hammer and nails

Good luck on getting the job finished

Gary.

Sure would mate if I was closer I would help....

Wow well done to you and also to your daughter :) so she has five huskies aswell!!!

She certainly does, she has Mia the Huskamute, Roxy and Midnight, they are identical sisters to my Nina and Sasha, Nishka and Patch who are mother and son. Lees' Keiko is also one of Nishkas' pups. Unfortunately she doesn't do forums but I'm trying to get her to change her mind. Lee and I think she'd fit in here great.

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

She certainly does, she has Mia the Huskamute, Roxy and Midnight, they are identical sisters to my Nina and Sasha, Nishka and Patch who are mother and son. Lees' Keiko is also one of Nishkas' pups. Unfortunately she doesn't do forums but I'm trying to get her to change her mind. Lee and I think she'd fit in here great.

Gary.

she would fit in great if only she would give it a go she would be hooked like the rest of us :D

Whoa that's one messy garden! :( Already looks better on the last pic though. And yes Gary you're right if you guys lived any closer I'd show up with a rake or a broom. Not only because your daughter is an amazing person but it makes me itch to see that many trashes on somebody's lawn :S

Wow, that's an impressive sized garden, can definitely see the potential.  The ex sounds like a ........ well, can't really say tbh, family forum, lol.   But at least he's gone so she can move onwards and upwards to a better life.   :)

Cant help but think this topic would be equally well suited to the happier section lmao

Please feel free to move it to wherever you think it more suitable kind sir. :D

Wow, that's an impressive sized garden, can definitely see the potential.  The ex sounds like a ........ well, can't really say tbh, family forum, lol.   But at least he's gone so she can move onwards and upwards to a better life.   :)

Thanks Emma. She's put up with a lot but takes it all in her stride. Had a few "hicky" moments but got through them. I think the garden is about 110ft long.

Gary.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we finally have it done. The lawn still has to be laid but here are 5 very happy huskies. The first time they have been able to have a good run round in 4 months. Hope this little vid uploads.

th_VIDEO0093_zps7f0d3773.jpg

Just click on the pic.

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah