Worried Sick

Mike101

Wednesday , Skye goes to the vets to be spayed, Louie goes to be neutered.. and I am worrying myself sick about it. I know the chances are everything will be ok , but that doesn't help at all. :(  

Aww, Yeah I remember the worrying I did over Bear's spay. Won't relax until its done and they're back home safe and sound. Yep, remember that too well. Really though, it will highly likely be fine, the hardest job you'll have will be to keep them calm afterwards so that the stitches have a chance to heal.

Edit: not sure if this will help but one of the people I meet occasionally has a dog who's internal stitches did rupture, she went straight back to the vets, they re-operated and she's still here to tell the tale. My Bear ripped a couple of her external stitches, bled everywhere, we rang the emergency vet for advice and took her in the next morning. They barely batted an eyelid, just told us to leave it an extra week before removing the remaining stitches. Point being: they're a lot tougher than we give them credit for!

Nothing to be worried about a few weeks after and they are back to normal.

Just watch the weight it piles on afterwards.

Mike, I feel for you mate. I was worried sick when my Keiko went in to be done, mostly because we we're told that there was a possibility it could change him and with the character that Keiko's got I didn't want that. All that worry for nothing. All good and no change to his character at all.  Just got to get the 4 girls done now :D

Gary.

5 of the longest hours I have ever spent....both dogs at  home again ..both ok but  both absolutely zonked out ..Skye is whimpering a little in her sleep  and it is tearing me apart  :(  Louie is very quiet and seems to be sleeping soundly...... Thank goodness they are home  :)

Don't be surprised if the whimpering continues for a bit. When Chula came out of anesthesia a few weeks ago, she was really confused and crying, not necessarily from pain but from the effects of the drugs. It was really, really hard to watch, broke my heart! I'm glad they're home though. I'm sure they will be happier recovering in their own home than in the vets office.