Work!

Jay

Oh, how I wish I was rich and could be a stay at home husky dad!!

Work is getting tiresome :(  I can't say too much other than they keep asking more and more of us, however our pay doesn't increase.  And they never tell us what we do RIGHT, just what we do WRONG.  It is very frustrating.  Although I do have a few freedoms, overall I really need to find something different.

I have been looking for a new job, but even though things are improving, I am not getting very far.  I had an interview last month but never heard back from them.  It didn't bother me much because it wasn't a job that I really wanted, but the fact they never even called to let me know kind of irritated me.

I did apply for a job for the federal court in my area.  I am qualified according to their post, and it seems like something I would really enjoy, plus it pays almost double what I am making now.  And if you work for the US government, it's almost like a job for life!  I am hoping that I get a call for an interview.

Anyway, just needed to vent as it has been a rough day today :(  At least I only have 2 hours to go!

I Know I'm not a professional like most people on here, but I can relate. My job sounds a lot like yours in the sense that I get crapped on more and more as I move on to my second year with the company. I've been promoted when they needed it then demoted back because I'm still a full time student, and recently they hired another accountant to take over my desk. Guess it's life and we have to suffer most of the time lol. Keep your head up though. Hopefully you can find something better soon!

Thanks, me too :)

It is tiresome.  I have good days and bad, but the bad seem to be more frequent.  I do have things I like about the job, but I think the most important part, is this isn't what I want to do in the future.  We do foreclosures and I have zero interest in the mortgage industry.  It changes WAY too often and has ALOT of restrictions and regulations. 

The job posting ends March 28th so at least I know if I don't get a call in the next 2 weeks to forget about it. 

The only downside I can think of is the commute.    Right now I only have a 7 mile drive to work, which takes about 10-15 min.  This job would be 26 miles or about 35-40 minutes away

Thanks, me too :)

It is tiresome.  I have good days and bad, but the bad seem to be more frequent.  I do have things I like about the job, but I think the most important part, is this isn't what I want to do in the future.  We do foreclosures and I have zero interest in the mortgage industry.  It changes WAY too often and has ALOT of restrictions and regulations. 

The job posting ends March 28th so at least I know if I don't get a call in the next 2 weeks to forget about it. 

The only downside I can think of is the commute.    Right now I only have a 7 mile drive to work, which takes about 10-15 min.  This job would be 26 miles or about 35-40 minutes away

I drive 25 miles per day to work takes me 35 mins.

In a jeep grand cherokee gas guzzler and remember our gas prices are a lot more than yours.

Weep for me :P

I know my commute is really easy compared to some.  I used to drive into Chicago for work.  Was about 30miles and took me an hour and a half :o

Before my most recent move I lived exactly 1.9 miles from work and only hit 1 traffic light :P

How much do you guys pay for gas?  It is currently $3.69 USD, which is equivalent to 2.22 in your currency per gallon

OMG :o

It took me awhile to do the conversion, but that is expensive!!!  I would never drive lol

That is like us paying about $9.00 USD per gallon of gas!!  I am never going to complain about gas prices again!

I pay € 1.40 per liter (diesel)...but my commute is up and down the stairs LOL

I moved from a 15 mile, 30-40 minute commute to a 4 mile, 10-minute commute, and I have to say, even if I hated my job, I couldn't live that far away again. So much of the day is spent in the car, and if there is an accident or weather, or traffic for some other reason, you can spend up to two hours a day just back and forth. Now I never have to get on the freeway, and it's beautiful!

OMG :o

It took me awhile to do the conversion, but that is expensive!!!  I would never drive lol

That is like us paying about $9.00 USD per gallon of gas!!  I am never going to complain about gas prices again!

And normal petrol is even more do not know how much think € 1,70 per liter....

I know, that is part of the reason I want to find something closer.  I would have to take 2 different expressways and they are very congested.  This winter there has been problems almost daily where all lanes get shut down because of weather or an accident.

I moved from a 15 mile, 30-40 minute commute to a 4 mile, 10-minute commute, and I have to say, even if I hated my job, I couldn't live that far away again. So much of the day is spent in the car, and if there is an accident or weather, or traffic for some other reason, you can spend up to two hours a day just back and forth. Now I never have to get on the freeway, and it's beautiful!

At your prices it would cost me £31.94 to fill my jeep or $53.16

but I paid £91.19 or $151.78 to fill it the other day

That's how I feel with school right now lol.

Can't imagine how it would beonce I get a job related to my major..

probably... 12 hour work days, 6 hour sleeps, 2 hours for traveling/meals Only 4 hours to spend with Jelly >: .

I'd only be content with spending every minute of every day with her >: . My separation anxiety from her is terrible... but she couldn't care less if I was there :P...

Me wish I could stay at home and retire at 21 T_T .

That's how I feel with school right now lol.

Can't imagine how it would beonce I get a job related to my major..

probably... 12 hour work days, 6 hour sleeps, 2 hours for traveling/meals Only 4 hours to spend with Jelly >: .

I'd only be content with spending every minute of every day with her >: . My separation anxiety from her is terrible... but she couldn't care less if I was there :P...

Me wish I could stay at home and retire at 21 T_T .

win the lottery then :lol: seriously though, not all jobs are bad jobs... surely you can find a good one :) 

win the lottery then :lol: seriously though, not all jobs are bad jobs... surely you can find a good one :)

I'm spoiled T_T For some reason, jobs that I've worked at and got paid, I hated..

I enjoy doing volunteer work though.. Like REALLY enjoy. (...Filing patient medical records at the hospital and updating patient records YAY?!? )

So.. If I enjoy volunteering and I enjoy spending time with Jelly , but dislike work, then I MUST WIN THE LOTTERY!!!

Good thing there's Only a measly 1 in 278 million chance of winning jackpot, right :D?