Its Bugging Me..

mel101094

So i was just watching Animal Cops Philadelphia and there were Pitbulls on there, I asked my mum if Pitbull crosses are illegal in the UK, she said she doesnt know, i asked google, he isnt telling me....and all gov.uk says is pitbulls are banned, it says nothing about crosses.....

Anybody know? It is bugging me lol. 

I love Pitbulls, i love Staffies as well, staffs are so well natured, i grew up with one around me, she was never aggressive at all. And my next door neighbour had the biggest staff i have ever seen, his head must have been the size of two footballs haha. 

They are banned because people are idiots. They take lovely dogs and make them aggressive through cruelty and the government decides a blanket ban is easier than dealing with said idiots. There are a lot of staffies around here (esp in local rescue centres) yet to meet a bad one.

They are banned because people are idiots. They take lovely dogs and make them aggressive through cruelty and the government decides a blanket ban is easier than dealing with said idiots. There are a lot of staffies around here (esp in local rescue centres) yet to meet a bad one.

Exactly, thats the way of the government though. Plus arent banned breeds more tempting to bad people, more of a statement dog?

And same here with the staffs, they are lovely dogs.

Yeah pitbull crosses are banned :( if it's believed to look any thing like a pit, RSPCA will try and take the dog on the spot.

What and destroy it? So they dont check to see if it is a pit, it just is if they say it is? 

What and destroy it? So they dont check to see if it is a pit, it just is if they say it is? 

There have been horror stories where they destroy it if you sign the dog over (sometimes without knowing that's what being signed), but if you dont and the police seize it, It has to be DNA tested, theres a group on facebook that try and help owners, cant remember it atm. But there are the stories on there of owners.... I'll try and find the group.

There have been horror stories where they destroy it if you sign the dog over (sometimes without knowing that's what being signed), but if you dont and the police seize it, It has to be DNA tested, theres a group on facebook that try and help owners, cant remember it atm. But there are the stories on there of owners.... I'll try and find the group.

That should be illegal! That is awful. That's good that they get DNA tested before. I might join the group, if you can find it. 

That should be illegal! That is awful. That's good that they get DNA tested before. I might join the group, if you can find it. 

I couldnt fimd the group but if you google the lennox campaign you'll get an idea. The dog was siezed and destroyed a few years back.

Yes I did hear that all "pitbull-type" dogs are banned. That includes Pit crosses, unfortunately. In fact, if the police says it's a pitbull, they'd confiscate the dog without checking first :( I mean, at least that's what happens in Lennox's story. I heard he's actually an American Bulldog mix. 

Pits are one of the sweetest dogs on Earth. They're so playful and sweet, always wearing a big smile on their face :) they're one of those "stupid happy dogs" that makes you laugh with their endearing stupidity. Such a shame some irresponsible people ruined their reputation :(

Yes I did hear that all "pitbull-type" dogs are banned. That includes Pit crosses, unfortunately. In fact, if the police says it's a pitbull, they'd confiscate the dog without checking first :( I mean, at least that's what happens in Lennox's story. I heard he's actually an American Bulldog mix. 

Pits are one of the sweetest dogs on Earth. They're so playful and sweet, always wearing a big smile on their face :) they're one of those "stupid happy dogs" that makes you laugh with their endearing stupidity. Such a shame some irresponsible people ruined their reputation :(

I have never had the pleasure in meeting a pitbull, but from what i see of Cesar Millan's pitbulls, they seem lovely. Yeah its Cesar, all his dogs are going to be well behaved. 

I have grown up around staffies though, they are the 'stupid happy dogs' as well haha.

Its such a shame about Lennox, thats all i have been thinking about, its made me so angry reading what happened to that poor dog. 

I had that pleasure back in 2013 when I visited the US  :D my host family owns a pretty female Pit called Dipstick. She's SO cute :D :D ever since I met her I no longer believe it when people say "Pits are evil". It's just impossible to look into Dipstick's eyes and think that :)

post-2850-0-38949100-1395316430_thumb.jp

I had that pleasure back in 2013 when I visited the US  :D my host family owns a pretty female Pit called Dipstick. She's SO cute :D :D ever since I met her I no longer believe it when people say "Pits are evil". It's just impossible to look into Dipstick's eyes and think that :)

attachicon.gifDipstick.jpg

Them eyes just melted me  :wub:

Awww she is stunning!!!

I'm from Australia and there banned here but crossed breeds aren't a rescue group recently had a pit cross pass his assessment with flying colors he had a breed restriction from a council on his records which ment unless contested by his owner at the time if he ended up in the pound he'd be pts no questions asked unless someone thought he wasn't a pit and they could prove it with there stupid 40 something questions mainly based on looks and one persons decision. Lucky for this beautiful boy he ended up in a pound that believes in helping the animals and gives them the time of day and also works with rescues to help there animals in anyway they can so they don't get pts.

BSL is a load of BS it never should have been brought in at all these poor breeds are suffering because of ignorance!

The people should be banned or put in a pound not the dog its not there fault :(

(Sorry the issues with pits gets me very angry lol)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I come across a few pitbulls at the dog park (they're not banned where I live) and never have issues, there are only isolated incidents that equal the amount of incidents with other breeds. There was a pit that came to the large dog side the other day that had to immediately go to the small side because all the huskies were too rough with it, it didn't have a dominant or aggressive bone in its body. 

Awww she is stunning!!!

I'm from Australia and there banned here but crossed breeds aren't a rescue group recently had a pit cross pass his assessment with flying colors he had a breed restriction from a council on his records which ment unless contested by his owner at the time if he ended up in the pound he'd be pts no questions asked unless someone thought he wasn't a pit and they could prove it with there stupid 40 something questions mainly based on looks and one persons decision. Lucky for this beautiful boy he ended up in a pound that believes in helping the animals and gives them the time of day and also works with rescues to help there animals in anyway they can so they don't get pts.

BSL is a load of BS it never should have been brought in at all these poor breeds are suffering because of ignorance!

The people should be banned or put in a pound not the dog its not there fault :(

(Sorry the issues with pits gets me very angry lol)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Its good to see there are people that see the true side of 'dangerous dogs', im glad that people are fighting for their lives. 

This subject angers me as well, not just with pits though, any dog that is deemed dangerous, people just judge before they know the facts, or better still they refuse to admit the truth which is bad people make dangerous dogs. 

Im going to stop haha, its just frustrating. 

Its good to see there are people that see the true side of 'dangerous dogs', im glad that people are fighting for their lives. 

This subject angers me as well, not just with pits though, any dog that is deemed dangerous, people just judge before they know the facts, or better still they refuse to admit the truth which is bad people make dangerous dogs. 

Im going to stop haha, its just frustrating.

I agree I don't understand people's logic when it comes to 'dangerous dogs' if they spent the day with them they'd see there not evil and that there just beautifully natured dogs...

So it goes like this, if your caught with a pitbull type dog in public you will be challenged by the police, if the temperament is okay and he is under control then you have a certain amount of time to appeal, it will go to a magistrates court and most of the time you will possibly get a court order saying you can keep your dog (if your a responsible owner) however there are conditions and fees and if you get another one the same routine applys you'll have to go through it all again.

You must have your dog microchipped, keep them on a lead at ALL times and they must be muzzled in public. You also need to keep your court order on you. Or show it to the police with in 7 days if your challenged. Its all on the gov website. The dangerous dogs act was brought in after an attack on a child, with these type of laws they are rushed through as emergency laws and no consideration is taken into how confusing they actually are, which is why normally you can challenge it and the magistrates take their own view on the situation. (Studied law and indepth this law, it should be changed soon and has been altered a lot since it was made a law).