What Have People Mistaken Your Dog For?

Psykoz

As the title suggests, has your dog ever been mistaken for another breed or like in my case even a cat?  :D  :rolleyes: 

Apart from cat :rofl:  I've had a person asking me if my previous dog (also a Siberian husky) was an Eastern European Laika. It's quite close but they're so rare here that I was surprised to get the question!

A picture of my previous dog <3
7BugS.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the .. Pitbull?!  :rofl:  Some people..!  :lol:​ 

Well, it's a funny story. We have plenty of gypsies in our town and as you can imagine, many of them don't know the language properly. So it was that one day when we were on a walk and a woman passed in front of us without paying attention. At the last second she noticed Ares and all she managed to scream out loud (although we were walking peacefully) was something like "Anna (like the name, yes, but in Bulgarian it's just an expression for a great surprise)! Pitbull!"

My friends are still dying of laughter when we recall this :lol:

I've gotten wolf, fox, Alaskan Husky (No one EVER says siberian husky lol.. they all just say alaskan) .

I've even had 1 or 2 people who approach me in the car and (Jelly happens to be sitting very still wwhich is super rare) and ask where I got my huge stuffed animal at..

^ I'm guessing since they saw her from a distance she looked like a stuffed dog but really :l ...

REALLY :l ...

In the park a young girl said to her mum 'mummy look at the wolf'.  Funny because I only ever see Harry as a big fat fur ball, sometimes I forget what breed he is, he is just him and I'm not fussed about what others think :)

Snowy is a bit of an unknown, apparently GSD x husky. Some days he looks more one than the other but to me he's just super sweet :)

Walking Lily someone stopped me and said "Is that one of them Alaskan dogs?" I told him she's a Siberian husky and he responded with "I didn't think they lived outside of Alaska. It's too warm here for them" when we had about 14 inches of snow and it was -3 degrees Fahrenheit. 

- Wolf ((a man even approached me once stating that keeping wolves as pets are illegal. Mind you, my boy is only 15.7 inches (41 cm) tall!)) 

- German Shepherd mix

- Chicken (no I'm not kidding LOL but the comment was made by a very small child) 

- Cat (another small child's comment :lol: )

- Stuffed toy :lol: I swear Dime got mistaken for a stuffed toy as much as he got mistaken for a wolf. 

By a teacher with a group of toddlers behind her: "Look children, wolves!"

By a group of children: "Wow, cool. Werewolves!"

There was another child that I passed that commented: "Cute wolves you have."
I turned and replied. "No, these aren't wolves. Wolves are much bigger than them."

You saw the gears turning in her head after which she replied: "So, are these mini-wolves then?"

:rofl:

There was also another woman who sworn that Glala and Dana were Samoyeds because huskies are supposed to have blue eyes. And here's me thinking that Samoyeds were supposed to be white? :rolleyes:  She just didn't believe me they were huskies and eventually I simply left telling her to just Google 'siberian huskies' and see how many ones you'll see with brown eyes.

Sasha has had wolf, werewolf, Samoyed, GSD, Akita? She looks nothing like an Akita lol and Alaskan husky (is there Alaskan huskies?) hasn't been called a Mal yet lol

Not me, I received the people running away from Ares :lmao:

Are you sure there running away from Ares? :P

Sasha has had wolf, werewolf, Samoyed, GSD, Akita? She looks nothing like an Akita lol and Alaskan husky (is there Alaskan huskies?) hasn't been called a Mal yet lol

Yes there are Alaskan Huskies. I'm just not sure they're really a breed. Basically a shorter-haired, more muscular Husky that is built for harder work in the snow.

Yea, but I think they look more like Emma's Bear.

And, oh yes, thank you, my self esteem is totally gone now lol x

Aaaactuallyyy.... They look a whole lot like Al Jones' Avalanche :) we suspect Avalanche is a genuine Alaskan Husky