What Have People Mistaken Your Dog For?

Psykoz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So speaking of the cat thing. I was walking maggie once when she was a puppy. She was turned around from a car. The guy at the stoplight asked why I am walking my cat. I picked her up and turned her around, he goes ohhh!! it is a puppy!!

yep wolf and so help me if i hear it one more time :banghead:

The crazy thing is the dog park near my house, there is a guy that has wolves that comes. They are very well trained and so dosile. He has 1 timber wolf and 2 lowland wolves. Maggie looks so similar to the timber wolf. You can however tell these wolves are not dogs. Comparing paws, and teeth. wolves heads are bigger too. I also worked in wolf dog rescuing, I can tell the difference. lol 

The crazy thing is the dog park near my house, there is a guy that has wolves that comes. They are very well trained and so dosile. He has 1 timber wolf and 2 lowland wolves. Maggie looks so similar to the timber wolf. You can however tell these wolves are not dogs. Comparing paws, and teeth. wolves heads are bigger too. I also worked in wolf dog rescuing, I can tell the difference. lol 

that is very wrong  :o wolves are wild animals and their number is dropping rapidly as of now. The last thing we need is a new trend of keeping them as house pets. 

are you sure they're not just saarloos wolfhounds or czechoslovakian wolfdog? 

Sasha has had wolf, werewolf, Samoyed, GSD, Akita? She looks nothing like an Akita lol and Alaskan husky (is there Alaskan huskies?) hasn't been called a Mal yet lol

Are you sure there running away from Ares? :P

Alaskan huskies are cross breeds , usually with huskies and breeds such as greyhounds etc to make them faster , usually bred specifically for racing

Since his ears aren't up yet, we've got Australian Shepard multiple times when we started posting photos of him on FB and Instagram as well as at the vet. He looks like a husky when he's on his back, though!!

post-11624-0-92072300-1395572365_thumb.j

post-11624-0-03888600-1395572539.jpg

that is very wrong :o wolves are wild animals and their number is dropping rapidly as of now. The last thing we need is a new trend of keeping them as house pets.

are you sure they're not just saarloos wolfhounds or czechoslovakian wolfdog?

He works for the wolf and wolf dog sanctuary. They rescue wolves and wolf dogs from people who think they can be house pets. No they are real wolves. He doesn't preach wolves as pets. Actually he does the complete opposite. He fights against all

The hunting of wolves. His wolves are very old, he has a back yard just dedicated to rehabilitating wolves and wolfdogs. He uses them to educate people at schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have had the typical wolf, Malamute, fox remarks - I heard one child say to his Dad "Look, huskies" when we were walking our 3, to which his Dad replied "they aren't huskies, they're wolves"  :huh:  time for the child to educate his father!

Take a look at Diesel, for those who never met him, he got up to 55kg. He was such a gentle giant but for this BIG dog, I was asked (besides the above) if he was a fox  :blink: or a Marmoset??

post-143-0-90418000-1399229418_thumb.jpg

Most people seem to know but bear was once called an elkhound. As we don't even fully know ourselves we just shrugged and said who knows? Lol. Quite a random breed to pluck from thin air though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the title suggests, has your dog ever been mistaken for another breed or like in my case even a cat?  :D  :rolleyes:

A cat??? Wow!

A group of boys at my son's middle school refused to believe that Sarah is not a wolf. I corrected them repeatedly until my son said, "Moooooooom, if they wanna think I live with a wolf, LET THEM!"

I've been asked if she's a Akita (really?), a Malemute, an Alaskan husky and, most absurdly, a weird shepherd. Now that I think about it, not one person has ever asked me if she's a Siberian. Go figure.

A cat??? Wow!

A group of boys at my son's middle school refused to believe that Sarah is not a wolf. I corrected them repeatedly until my son said, "Moooooooom, if they wanna think I live with a wolf, LET THEM!"

I've been asked if she's a Akita (really?), a Malemute, an Alaskan husky and, most absurdly, a weird shepherd. Now that I think about it, not one person has ever asked me if she's a Siberian. Go figure.

LOL kids have unlimited imagination :D welcome home btw glad to have you back :)

By the way I was just wondering.. with the amount of people mistaking your dogs as wolves, have you ever received the "wolves are not legal pets" warning?  :o

Yes... ugh I was at my local park and a woman came up to me with an unfriendly vibe, right off the bat she said "You can't own wolves in Australia"

Well lucky I don't own a wolf then!! Sheesh. She wouldn't accept that Mishka was a breed of dog.

Mishka: "RAWRR I SHALL EAT YOU"