Hi Fellow Huskites?,meet Ana

Petenbev

Hi everyone,we're Pete n Bev and we've taken a 14 week husky in before it went to the rescue because it was "aggressive".I'll be honest and we knew very little about the breed as we've always had Rottweilers and a pug,so almost the same LOL,So hopefully you won't mind us pestering you for much needed advice and guidance

post-11603-0-51867800-1395308781_thumb.j

Thank you for the welcome's......

Anna is responding well to basic commands   :) but she has what I consider the most bizzare habit, she is very guarding over the drinking water,  I can get her to 'leave' so that the other's can have a drink (3 rescued Pugs, only minding 2 of them and they go home tomorrow) she would drink and drink, she just does not seem to be able to drink enough water and of course the more she drinks the more she piddles. Are Huskies know to be thirstier than other dogs or is Ana just too worried that the little one's are going to drink the world's supply of water..? 

Hello :)

Huskies drink A LOT of water, especially when it's warm. Also if she's new to your family she may be a bit nervous and this may make her drink more.  As long as she's peeing and seems generally healthy, i'd give it a few days before taking her to the vet, though if she's lathargic take her straight away.

My boys share drinking water bowls but that's it, they are quite possesive over toys and food. Both are rescues too, so not sure if that has any bearing on it. 

I left my Husky with my brother for 2 days. He was used to my old German shep who looks after himself. After 48 hours of not being played with at all, Niko came back very aggressive and naughty. After 3 hours of solid play he was back to himself.

I reccommend lots of play and a few vet visits to make sure he is OK! Best of luck, very handsome little pup!

• 4 weeks later...