What Are You Up To Today?

Emma

6:30 am - wake up, let dog out to pee, notice bite on my hand, freak out, start vacuuming.

7:00 am - finish vacuuming and searching for the creature that bit me

7:05 am - eat breakfast with the dog staring at me, as she seems to be off her kibble again.

7:30 am - play pretend cowboys with Chula, wrangle her into her harness

7:45 am - walk the dog

8:45 am - get home, put dog out back, take a shower and get dressed

9:10 am - follow dog around saying "go potty, go potty, go potty"

9:20 am - give up, put dog in crate, go to work.

9:35 am - get to office...who know what the rest of the day will bring!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6:30 am - wake up, let dog out to pee, notice bite on my hand, freak out, start vacuuming.

7:00 am - finish vacuuming and searching for the creature that bit me

7:05 am - eat breakfast with the dog staring at me, as she seems to be off her kibble again.

7:30 am - play pretend cowboys with Chula, wrangle her into her harness

7:45 am - walk the dog

8:45 am - get home, put dog out back, take a shower and get dressed

9:10 am - follow dog around saying "go potty, go potty, go potty"

9:20 am - give up, put dog in crate, go to work.

9:35 am - get to office...who know what the rest of the day will bring!

Must admit this did make smile, sounds like an eventful morning so far Emily! Hope you have a less stressful evening. :) x

We have to punch a time clock and if we are 1 minute late we would be reminded to be on time. I'm always early tho. But now I have to make sure I don't work more than 8 hours a day because they don't want overtime. So I basically have to count every minute. Can't wait to get out !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This is my second week of convalescence after a minor op last week, (up until last November I had not had a single days sickness for the past 15 years), and I am now falling to pieces - not really!

I am still doing some work from home, (400+ emails, attempted to 'rip' my company's website and recreate it via Microsoft Express Pro and further work on some complex Excel formulae in our company flexi sheets), but trying to take things steady for most of the time!

Hoping to pop out tonight, (with the running club), to one of our regular haunts, (Wetherspoons in town), where there is an offer on regarding American Beer in cans and this will be my first social event since being grounded a couple of weeks ago, (however I will not be running the 11 miles to the pub tonight)!!

It would appear that we are all being kept very busy - not including our various Husky duties!

I must say I am impressed by how busy everyone is :).  All I have done today is try to keep 2 very sore doggies occupied without letting them get to their stitches or pull them by playing together.. :)

All I have to do today is make some phone calls, fill out some paperwork, accept admission to the grad school I've decided to attend, walk Champ, shower, meet with a friend who is dropping something off for me, pay some bills, do the dishes and make dinner later...

This is my second week of convalescence after a minor op last week, (up until last November I had not had a single days sickness for the past 15 years), and I am now falling to pieces - not really!

I am still doing some work from home, (400+ emails, attempted to 'rip' my company's website and recreate it via Microsoft Express Pro and further work on some complex Excel formulae in our company flexi sheets), but trying to take things steady for most of the time!

Hoping to pop out tonight, (with the running club), to one of our regular haunts, (Wetherspoons in town), where there is an offer on regarding American Beer in cans and this will be my first social event since being grounded a couple of weeks ago, (however I will not be running the 11 miles to the pub tonight)!!

It would appear that we are all being kept very busy - not including our various Husky duties!

Ah, a night down the pub, sounds good to me!  Hope you're starting to feel a bit better after your op.  xxx

I must say I am impressed by how busy everyone is :).  All I have done today is try to keep 2 very sore doggies occupied without letting them get to their stitches or pull them by playing together.. :)

You say that like it's something simple, it really isn't!  trying to keep 1 dog calm is hard enough but 2 must take up a lot of time and effort!  Wishing them a speedy recovery. xxx

All I have to do today is make some phone calls, fill out some paperwork, accept admission to the grad school I've decided to attend, walk Champ, shower, meet with a friend who is dropping something off for me, pay some bills, do the dishes and make dinner later...

Ahh, a quieter day is good.  Always nice to be able to relax a little bit and take things at a slower and relaxed pace. :)

I have so little to do I feel useless! :lol:

5:15 Alarm blares off; silence alarm

5:30 Get out of bed

6:15 Go to school

7:00 First and second period: watch "I, Frankenstein" with the rest of the class; which happen to be the movie I'm planning to watch tonight :facepalm:

8:30 Third and fourth period: teacher called sick, and apparently nobody's coming to keep the class in check. The students run loose.

10:15 Fifth and sixth period: substitute teacher is overly lenient; ended up watching "Frozen" for the third time in three weeks. Let it gooo... Let it GOOO

11:45 Go home from school

12:30 Reach home after eating lunch at school. Came home to a very smelly Diamond :( apparently his ear infection strikes back. Again. 

Lol, can't help thinking was there any point in going to school today?  All you did was watch movies all morning!  lmao.  Poor Dime, that ear of his just doesn't seem to stay healthy, poor little boy.  Have they said what exactly is causing it?  I know that if the bacterial build up is due to a restrictment of space in the ear canal itself they can perform an operation to widen the ear canal, allowing it to breathe better.  Obviously that's not something to be taken lightly as with all operations there's an element of risk involved.  I guess it just comes down to whether or not they can finally get it under control using medicine alone?  Did they give you an ear cleaner?  Brooke has to use one for her ear, she hates it but if it helps to keep the infections at bay then it's gotta be a good thing right?! 

Liv,

Hope that you are able to sort Diamond's ear, (I am presuming that it is an ear infection)?

Your day at school reminds me of my early years at college, (we had quite a few 'characters' at our college), where silly pranks were the order of the day, (I suspect that they wouldn't get away with it today)!

All,

Despite all of our daily duties we ALL have the additional 'duty of care' towards those fellow 'companions' that we happily take into our lives and, sometimes, these additional responsibilities can weigh much more heavily than our careers and personal lives, (just like Mike's post above)!

We will soon be considering a similar course of action for Skye, (the most 'active' pup that we have ever owned),so we are also hoping that the 'op' may settle her down a little, (unfortunately, however, when Cassie had the 'op' she was more of a handful than she was pre op)!!

Although I thoroughly enjoyed the company, last night, I was not very well upon my return and suspect that it was due to the mixture of beer and my continued medication, (I should know better considering my background)!!

Anyway it will be a much quieter day, today, and I will take the pack out later on our delightful 5 mile countryside route, (an activity that always raises the soul regardless of what the weather is doing)!

Everybody take care out there!

We have to punch a time clock and if we are 1 minute late we would be reminded to be on time. I'm always early tho. But now I have to make sure I don't work more than 8 hours a day because they don't want overtime. So I basically have to count every minute. Can't wait to get out !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jason,

I sympathise with your predicament and hope that you are able to find alternative emplyment elsewhere sometime soon.

Although I have never had the unfortunate 'pleasure' of having to 'clock in' I can imagine it being a very draconian experience in this day and age, (don't forget, however, that in todays 'card access' world), our daily movements are already being scrutinised, (a very disconcerting slant on the victorian time clocks of old).

I remember working at a factory in Indianapolis, (with a very 'flexible' atmosphere), back in the 1990's and it was a very pleasant experience - although the company, sadly, went into 'Chapter 11' and my days of roaming around the world was then cut short!

My days spent working in Saudi Arabia were far more 'restrictive' however and one soon learns that, (at least sometimes), things could be worse and it is true that 'the grass always appears to be greener on the other side', (and sometimes it is)!

Lol, can't help thinking was there any point in going to school today?  All you did was watch movies all morning!  lmao.  Poor Dime, that ear of his just doesn't seem to stay healthy, poor little boy.  Have they said what exactly is causing it?  I know that if the bacterial build up is due to a restrictment of space in the ear canal itself they can perform an operation to widen the ear canal, allowing it to breathe better.  Obviously that's not something to be taken lightly as with all operations there's an element of risk involved.  I guess it just comes down to whether or not they can finally get it under control using medicine alone?  Did they give you an ear cleaner?  Brooke has to use one for her ear, she hates it but if it helps to keep the infections at bay then it's gotta be a good thing right?! 

I do have an ear lotion but it never seem to eradicate the infection once and for all :( the vet did say Dime's ears are much much better today, but when he says "better" he means when it strikes back it's not as bad as it used to be. The vet also says it's hard to determine what is the exact cause of Dime's infection because he already has it when I adopt him, but since it's so persistent I'm starting to believe it's because the ear canal itself is too narrow :( I also found a small open wound on his ear yesterday. Looks like the poor boy scratched a little too hard =\ it's very small though so I'm not worried, it's just that the wound makes ear cleaning even more challenging. 

Oh and yes LOL a friend said to me "this is what we're paying school fee for?" :rofl:

Liv,

Hope that you are able to sort Diamond's ear, (I am presuming that it is an ear infection)?

Your day at school reminds me of my early years at college, (we had quite a few 'characters' at our college), where silly pranks were the order of the day, (I suspect that they wouldn't get away with it today)!

All,

Despite all of our daily duties we ALL have the additional 'duty of care' towards those fellow 'companions' that we happily take into our lives and, sometimes, these additional responsibilities can weigh much more heavily than our careers and personal lives, (just like Mike's post above)!

We will soon be considering a similar course of action for Skye, (the most 'active' pup that we have ever owned),so we are also hoping that the 'op' may settle her down a little, (unfortunately, however, when Cassie had the 'op' she was more of a handful than she was pre op)!!

Although I thoroughly enjoyed the company, last night, I was not very well upon my return and suspect that it was due to the mixture of beer and my continued medication, (I should know better considering my background)!!

Anyway it will be a much quieter day, today, and I will take the pack out later on our delightful 5 mile countryside route, (an activity that always raises the soul regardless of what the weather is doing)!

Everybody take care out there!

yes it's an ear canal infection :( a bacterial infection, to be exact.