Nice Home And Huskies, Do They Go Together?

Clare70

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my sons to walk the dogs this evening so I could hoover :) much easier when they are out of the way. Though when they got back they were soaked through, not because it was raining but the boys let the boys run through muddy ditches. 

I give up! 

Well...

I guess I kinda live in one of them "show homes". But I only have one dog, and just like any Indonesian families I have a maid. The dog is not allowed inside bedrooms, in the kitchen, upstairs and on furnitures. His area is the front porch, living room, TV room and that's it. We also have this nicer-looking-than-average pool area where the dog is not allowed on without a leash. I vacuum once a day, but it doesn't make a huge difference really since the living room's tiles are black with white asymmetrical stripes and it's really hard to spot fur on 'em. The TV room tiles are pale gray, and it also hides the fur real well.

However, before Diamond, we have a beautiful sparkly home with lots of plants and carpets. The day Diamond arrived, all of my dad's plants and carpets got re-homed. He also uprooted several plants in our garden. He chewed at least 15 pairs of shoes, causing the shoe rack to be relocated near the sink. He scratched on our teak door, creating a monster-sized mark enough to make me wonder what will happen if we have more than one dog. Our landscaper-designed front yard soon looked more like a battlefield with Dime's personal digging spot on the far end. We now have leashes, collars, toys and dog brush decorating the front porch--greeting our guests. The chairs in the living room are now moved to the pool area because the living room is now "Diamond's room". We have Diamond's ear cleaning supply over there, plus his chain (we don't have a crate; he's chained every night inside the house) and favorite hiding spot. 

But then, Dime grew older and wiser. He listened a lot more and became much more well-behaved. My dad used the opportunity to completely repair every damage Dime has done. The landscapers are re-hired, the door and gate are re-painted... So yeah I do live in one of them show homes, but it's just a make believe really :shrug:

EDIT photographic evidence :P 

this is the living room. Yes, we have funny little useless stairs. This one connects TV room to living room. 

post-2850-0-28529900-1395545557_thumb.jp

a view from above the stairs. Didn't include ear cleaning supply in camera angle :P as you can see it's very empty. This is where the almighty Diamond dwells. 

post-2850-0-71043400-1395545560_thumb.jp

TV room, also dining room at one end. Here we also have the piano and my desk (where I do homework and surf the net). The TV is behind me as I take the pic. Oh and look there's Diamond :lol: that sofa corner is his 2nd favorite spot. Excuse the untidy sofa! We really throw everything over there.

post-2850-0-74701300-1395545712_thumb.jp

Our pool area, right next to the TV room. I believe you can see a small patch of garden there? That's where Diamond relieves himself. 

post-2850-0-74668000-1395545864_thumb.jp

This is our other garden, as viewed from the pool area. Also Dime's wee wee spot. 

post-2850-0-39010800-1395545914_thumb.jp

:wow2: :omg: Liv, your pool area is bigger than the whole of the floor area in our house.  We do spend an awful lot of time cleaning but in a tiny little house like we have and 5 huskies you have to keep on top of it otherwise you could get drowned by husky fur. Fortunately our dogs are not destructive. Don't get me wrong, they are not 100% perfect but on the whole they are reasonably well behaved. This does help no end when keeping a clean house. :D

Gary.

Wow Olivia, your house is very grand, though I wouldn't want to have banned areas for our dogs. Guess I'll continue living as we are :)

this is my parents' house so it's their rules, but if I had my way the dog would be allowed everywhere as well :P 

We have wooden floors. Hardwood parquet, and I must admit  they are IMO a lot easier to keep clean than carpets. yes the fur gets everywhere , but with a vac, it doesn't take any getting up, and any unfortunate accidents are easily spotted and readily able to be cleaned up :)