Early Morning Arm Wrench

Clare70

Took Harry out for a quick wee first thing on the edge of our field, same thing I do every morning, when he suddenly made a run for it and nearly pulled my arm out of it's socket.  It turned out we had a deer in our field, about 15 metres from where we were standing and Harry thought he'd go chase it!

It took all my strength to hold on to him, bearing in mind I had just got up, so could hardly focus at 7.15am, let alone keep control of a 28kg husky :)

Anyway after much shouting (whole of west France must have heard me) and me having to get on the ground to stop him pulling me over, the deer made a hasty retreat and I managed to get Harry back in doors, both of us covered in mud and me with a sore arm.

Just as well I had the loop round my hand (I don't usually bother first thing) otherwise I wouldn't have seen him for dust, or should that read mud :)

Glad to hear you both made it back safely but not so good that you've been left with a sore arm. Hope you're able to take it easy for a bit, think you've probably had enough drama for one day! :) Take care xxxxx

Think I'll live :) Don't think the deer would've though if Harry had escaped, mind you would've had to catch it first ;)

I've already pulled a tendon in my right arm/elbow area, this is due to Harry pulling me when I walk the dogs together (Harry is alwasy on the right). I have a pulled muscle in my left thigh, this is caused by goodness only knows what, probably too much walking, now left arm has been pulled.

I am a physical wreck! :facepalm:

Alpha pulled me a tennis elbow within 1 week of him coming into our house...bought a walking belt and it saved me I must say..I do not leave my house without it and the dogs....not a lot of things are more painfull then a tennis elbow...

God you really are suffering for your passion, aren't you! On the plus side you're probably also super fit too, all that walkings gotta be doing something good for you, right??? :D

I guess, walked 12km yesterday, so having a bit of a restful day with the dogs today, though trying to summon up the enthusiasm to go and paint the garage floor :(

Alpha pulled me a tennis elbow within 1 week of him coming into our house...bought a walking belt and it saved me I must say..I do not leave my house without it and the dogs....not a lot of things are more painfull then a tennis elbow...

I have promised myself one of these but haven't got round to getting one, though I doubt I would have used it this morning just to let him out for a wee. Note to self, buy walking belt and always use it!