Post Op Check Up

Mike101

Took both pooches to the Vets this morning for their post op check.  As soon as Skye realised where she was going, to say she wasn't impressed is putting it mildly. Louie on the other hand , didn't really seem to mind. The vet had them both in together, examined them and said they both looked fine, the wounds are healing nicely and to take them back in 5 days to have the stitches out. The vet gave us the go ahead to take them both out for a "gentle" walk .. no more than 10 minutes. but at least they will be able to have a sniff around , so that is good.

That is one obstacle out of the way... I imagine getting Skye to cooperate when she is having the stitches out will be another matter :rolleyes:

Gah!!!!!  I knew I shouldn't have tempted fate......... looks like a stitch has come undone, the area around it looks red and tender and, it looks like the edge of the collar has chafed one of her teats when she has had her head down there .........  :( . I noticed  she can get her tongue around the Collar they gave her too, so she may have been licking the wound when we weren't looking ....

Thrown the cone away ........been bathing the area with a saline solution.. looks much better now. Luckily, even though the stitch came undone, the wound hasn't opened.  She is now wearing a child's bedtime onesey with the arms and legs  cut off, and the gusset cut out . Easy for us to get to the wound.. impossible for her to. So hopefully , problem sorted :) *crosses fingers* No ..I wouldn't embarrass her by posting any pics :P  :lol: