Hello From Nova-Dc Area! =0)

starstruck93

Hi! My name is April and I'm a recent proud husky puppy owner. My husband is in the guard and a pilot for United and I'm a SAHM of an 8 year old son.  We currently live in the DC area. We got our puppy Nikko when he was 9 weeks old and he's now 7 months. Thanks so much for accepting me to this forum; I look forward to chatting with everyone! Thanks! April

post-11636-0-20796700-1395766502_thumb.j

Hi April. Tell your husband thank you for his service to our country.  Welcome to Husky-Owners.  My gosh, Nikko is a handsome boy.  We are always here, whenever you have an issue, a question, or just want to share.  We love pics of course.  Enjoy the forum and when you get a chance, give us some more pics of Nikko if you would.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone! :wave: Thank you Mazz for your kind words for my husband and for the compliment on my sweet boy Nikko. :lovebone: Of course I would love to post more pics of Nikko! :wub: Is there a special section for pics? Thanks again everyone! April

Thank you so much goingsolo! Yes.... sometimes I wonder if he's considered a "wooly" I noticed his mom was quite fuzzy as well. His trainer says he's not a wooly..... but he's definitely a lot fuzzier than most huskies! LOL! He's like a big teddy bear! Thanks for the info on posting pics! I'm trying to multiquote but it's not showing the quote.... I must be doing something wrong. Thanks! April

Thank you Andy and Dave! Bing blaze; the trainer said that wooly huskies look more like a collie. I've researched and researched and he's definitely a lot fuzzier than most huskies. It's funny..... People seem to really be drawn to him because of his coat. LOL! I did purchase him from a breeder and his mother was quite fluffy too. I'm not worried about him being AKC standard; I purchased him as a companion and because of their temperament and intellect. 😊 I will say that I didn't do my homework about the standards. I was a vet tech for several years while in college and simply fell in love with the breed; very simple. 😊â¤ï¸ðŸ‘ Here are a few more pics of him.... These are more recent. 😊 eqube7y7.jpg4emequru.jpguryma9at.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No , he's deffo a wooly (imo I don't think they look like collies , never seen a collie looking husky in my life lol) , my girl is classed as one but she's shorter coated than your boy just longer coated than 'normal' sibes there's different lengths woolys can be , you've got ones like my girl who are just fluffier than normal , ones like your boy who are all fluffy n fuzzy lol then you get your really really long coated ones too , anything that is longer then the standard coated length is a wooly, if you search for mydiamond her boy is a wooly too, yours being young tho could get even fluffier once he sheds his coat n it comes back thru, my girl did

Eta - he even has the crazy ear fluff going on so he's deffo a wooly lol

Bet his tail is amazing!

• 3 weeks later...