Little Brats!

Emma

I am talking about the human variety this time.

A little back story. When I was a teen I watched Stephen kings IT. I was fine at the time but ever since, that ruddy clown (his name begins with a p but i refuse to say it! :eek: ) it puts the fear of god into me, I can chase wasps around the house, kick out spiders but clowns, make me uneasy. To the point where I won't go out to get the washing off the line in the garden when it's dark coz I immediately remember the opening scenes from the film and get scared, lol.

At the weekend my youngest decides to put "IT" on the iPad when I was in bed, I only saw about five minutes of it but that was enough.......

........Earlier on today my kids decided to play tricks on me by putting a picture of "you know who" in safari, so when I tried to go on the forum his face jumped out at me.....well I can tell you I nearly had heart failure. The iPad got chucked, I leaped out of the chair and screamed like a girl :facepalm: and ended up on Pauls lap, The kids were crying with laughter, I on the other hand was trying to mentally scrub away the image that was burnt into the back of my eyelids, with limited success.

It's been nearly 22 years now, you'd think I'd stop being so scared of that clown by now?! Surely??? Lol.

Awwww Poor Emma

I take it you can't watch Tim curry movies either ??

I guess we all have our things that scare us.  Glad I'm not the only one, I kept getting laughed at last night.  Paul was like "you ok? You've not said a word in hours?!" I was on edge all night, lol.

i know who you mean, i'm scared of clowns  :(

You too?  They are pretty freaky!  Mum's got a photo of me from nursery where i'm dressed head to foot as a clown and really I wasn't too fussed either way until I saw "that film" now every time I see a clown, I kind of irrationally half expect them to turn into him, lol. 

I'm the same with regan from the exorcist... My dad made me do the find the dot thing.... I think i actually pooed

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Oh god, I haven't seen that film for years but yeah I know the freaky little girl you mean.  My eldest son, Callum had measles when he was tiny and projectile puked across the sofa, reminded me of the scene from the exorcist, kept waiting for his head to turn round, lol.    

Heh heh Pennywise the Clown :D

I feel like many kids these days who didn't grow up with reading King or watching old school horror movies don't understand being "scared". They think Paranormal Activity is scary but Salem's Lot really got to me. Also, the Thing (mostly the dog part. I HATE seeing animals harmed, even when fake!). 

It's understandable to still be spooked by his image! He is the epitome of evil, after all!