Under The Knife

Mazz

Eisa goes into the vet on Thursday morning.  She will be having a ulceration, growth, tumor, whatever it's called, removed from her left upper eyelid.  The vet noticed it a month ago during her annual exam.  At that time it was very small, not even the diameter of a pin head.  Now, four weeks later, it had grown to around 3 to 4 mm in diameter and is global or spherical in shape.  It is on the leading edge of the eyelid, so the vet will take a pie-shaped area out of the eyelid, to capture the growth, place two or three stitches, and then I will pick her up late that afternoon.  The growth has not blossomed yet, which I understand when they do, they are very abrasive against the cornea and cause ulcerations on the eye itself.  We don't want that.  Cosmetically, the vet feels once it's all healed, we will never know she had the growth or an operation.  I just hope we are catching this early enough in its cycle.

He was working on getting an estimate from another clinic that does laser surgery, but they apparently declined due to the proximity with the eye.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:grouphug:

Hope the op goes ok Dave

Everything crossed here at the Rickard pack

Let us know how she gets on 

Looks like the growth has either ruptured or blossomed this afternoon, as there is a bit of blood on her eyelid and the growth is very red. Going to call the vet in the morning. Looks like we scheduled the operation none to soon.

Eisa's surgery went well, although her eyelid and area below the eye were shaved and look red and swollen. She is resting right now, since she is still a bit wobbly from the antistetic. The cone of shame is on her right now. They said she may not want to eat tonight, and so I won't be making her eat unless she wants to, but not too much. Stitches come out in two weeks. I appreciate all the replies. Thanks to all. Hope the fur grows back soon. Naked eyelids are not pretty.

She is moving slow this morning. She did eat a light breakfast. Feel so sorry for her. Gave her a pain med and put some ointment in her eye.