Ice Ate Some Shorts

So yday morning there was a pair of shorts by ices bed, not completely eaten but torn up a bit I didn't see this until today as my mum moved them thinking it was my brothers, he was gagging all day yday but I thought it was a reaction to his kennel cough vaccs, this morning however there was a pile of shorts near his bed which he had thrown up and his poo has it in too, he seems absolutely fine today his gagging has stopped and he was very active when I took him for his walk, I've felt around his abdomen and he didn't seem to have any discomfort and I didn't find anything that felt lumpy, but when I called the vets they made out it was really serious and that if I don't bring him in for an injection to make him vomit then it could be dangerous ect... So I wanted someone elses opinion as my vets are comercial and everytime they've told me you "NEED to come up" the vet themselves have given him the all clear and I've then gone and wasted 60pound -_- which I don't have to waste :\

All vets are businesses and they will tell you to come in.

Then charge you stoopid amounts of money just for walking through the door.

However. 

You were right to do so any kind of intestinal blockage can be dangerous.

I have a sock eater but it always comes out either front or back in one piece...but yes it can be dangerous...

we have now taught Alpha that he gets a treat for the sock, if he finds one. just have to make sure he cannot get any...

So they gave him some all clear, they said there isn't any immediate danger but If he keeps vomiting then I need to bring him up, well its been 2 hrs since I got him home and instantly he's started gagging, and trying to bring something up so I am taking him back tomorrow 1st thing in the morning to have him xrayed and put on a drip after this we will know if he needs surgery

Oh no :( I hope that he can bring up or poo out everything he ate. Soft items like clothing are really hard to see on x-rays. When we brought Chula in (she actually ate a paper napkin, not clothing), they did a series of x-rays over the course of the day to watch the gas bubbles in her tummy to make sure that things were moving. She only recommended surgery once it was clear that gas wasn't moving, and her intestines were starting to fill up, making her very, very uncomfortable and possibly causing damage to her intestines. 

Good luck, I hope he doesn't have to have surgery. It's really no fun.

Is he able to eat and drink and poo? You could maybe try giving him some hydrogen peroxide to see if you can get him to empty his stomach. In the future if you've noticed he's eaten something, you can make him throw up that way. I've had to make Chula vomit a couple of times. I wouldn't do it on a regular basis or anything but if you know he's gotten into something that isn't sharp, it's been better for us than to have her trying to pass giant wads of paper towel.

If he does end up needing surgery, while it is expensive, it is also pretty routine for most vets. Obstructions are really common. The incision will be nasty looking, but as long as you've been keeping an eye on him and getting him the treatment he needs in time, he should bounce back pretty quickly. Probably too quickly, he will want to be running around even though he isn't supposed to!