Taking The Plunge...

robke

for camp (and future camping hol's) we have decided to get the Furkids their own little slice of home...so I ordered some crates yesterday...

more for safety then anything else really as they are ok on the stakeout in the awning but with so many dogs at camp it just might be safer for all...  now come the fun part...training Bindi...Alpha is ok he was always crated with his previous owner so maybe he might teach Bindi something for a change..... :D  :D

i'm sure she will be fine, all you guys gave me such great advice when dealing with Skye and her daily crate melt downs and now she's fine so i am certain that Bindi will get used to it too....if in doubt.....treats! lol

i'm sure she will be fine, all you guys gave me such great advice when dealing with Skye and her daily crate melt downs and now she's fine so i am certain that Bindi will get used to it too....if in doubt.....treats! lol

That is soo true she will do just about anything for chicken and duck jerky...

they do not need to be crated at home as there is always somebody home for 95% of the time (work from home lol) and when nobody is home they can stay for a good 7 hrs without any problems...

but then Bindi & Alpha like their crates in the van, they then know they are going somewhere...

So far so good Alpha is taking to his crate like a pig to muck....Bindi is a bit...what have I done to deserve this but will go in and sit...so going to leave 1 up so that she can get used to it..

post-6001-0-07031100-1396617200_thumb.gi

post-6001-0-63824200-1396617203_thumb.gi

post-6001-0-38784700-1396617206_thumb.gi

This is going a lot better then we thought....Alpha is soooo happy in his crate...has not come out apart from having a drink...Bindi is alright but prefers the sofa... :D

My guys are never crated at home. Only when we are at camp.

However when we are at camp after a walk they drag me back and all run into the crate.

Glad your guys are adjusting well to their crates :clap:

The crates are only going to be used at camp and when we go away for weekends with the caravan and on our holiday's 

a because they are fine around the house when nobody here

b we just do not have the room for the crates LOL

Update:

so we have had 1 crate with it's door open here all the time..

Alpha as before he is happy as a pig in 2 layers of muck... goes in out as if the crate has been there all the time... :)

Bindi has not been so happy about it so I have not been pressing her to go anywere near it but she has been looking sniffing at it more and more...she is now at the stage that she will go into it by herself and rolls up and pretends to be asleep...sleeping is something she will not do yet... :)  pretending yes.. :D

so I think by the time camp is there we will be just fine...have some covers coming that will make a difference for Bindi as well....

so I am Happyyyy....

you make it look so easy! lol

Well I must say it is easy going at the moment we have one setup with the door open and they both go in and have a rest..Alpha a bit more then Bindi... and we can close the door and they do not freak out whatsoever...

we have named the crates as I have done with the ones in the van (they are called HOUSE in the van)  so far so good... :)