Help?!!!

lulatap

So today I noticed some redness around my boys eyes and nose. Obviously I want to get him to the vets asap. But could anyone have any ideas what it may be?

He had an ear infection about two weeks ago (all cleared up now) and recently I've started walking him a different way. (Through fields and that) Is it possible for a dog to have hayfever? Or something along the lines of it?

As i've done my research it's common for them to get nasal and eye infections (or so says the internet) but we've also had alot of news about this "smog" could that be affecting him?

Any help would be great!

post-11673-0-08097500-1396608992.jpg

post-11673-0-93315900-1396609071.jpg

His nose doesn't seem to bother him, but he keeps rubbing his eye with his paw.

I didn't know if i should maybe just wipe it over with some water?

I don't want him to scratch his eye or anything.

But the vets isn't open today so I can't even ring for any advice.

I'm waiting for a call back from the dogs trust.

Yes, it's quite possible for it to be an airborne allergen. 

This is spring and the time that all things bloom and put pollen out and you may be seeing a reaction to that.  A caplet of an antihistamine might be in order.  A phone call to your vet should give you some good idea of what to use.  In lower quantities "hay fever" pill for humans also work well on dogs.  (( for a lot of things, they also reduce swelling from a spider or snake bite. ))