Registration Question

MilitaryVeteran

DOes anyone know about the NKC (National Kennel CLub)? I basically got scammed you could say on our husky puppy. My wife and I bought a husky pup for not only us, but our kids, and the owners stated they had AKC papers for him they just needed to find them. Once found, they would text me the numbers. Come to find out, they never had papers for the parents. I saw and met both parents on site and both are full husky just no registration. I am the type that gives people more credit than I should I guess in taking a persons word as their bond. I was just curious to know if the NKC was a credible registery or if I am screwed all together with trying to get papers on my puppy.

Pics of him. The Vet said he was full Husky, again not sure if that is something that is easily seen or not.

blaze1_zpsc15ecdb9.jpg

20140329_210153_zpsa600cd80.jpg

Well, if I were you, I would move on. The "breeder" falls into the non-reputable category. Not heard of the NKC, and for all practical purposes, it is most likely a non-recognized registry. So I would not even bother. All that being said, whether a dog is registered or not does not mean much unless you plan on showing. Sorry you got scammed. The important thing is if your pup is healthy and your family loves him. That's what matters. You could file a suit against the breeder for misrepresentation, but it would be more effort than what it is worth. Otherwise you may be able to report them to the local authorities, but most likely not much will happen.

Quote from the NKC Form to register a dog:

If your dog was previously registered, attach a copy of the pedigree for verification of breed. If your dog has not beenpreviously registered, then your dog will need to be inspected by either a veterinarian or licensed NKC breed inspector and you will need to send in 2 picturesof your dog (front & side view)

While it might be with the best intentions in the world to have a vet inspect the dog, I can probably find innumerable vets who will "certify" that in their opinion this dog is a <take your pick>.

I wouldn't give a whole lot of credibility to NKC.

Enjoy your companion, papers are just that and often aren't worth the paper they're printed on ....

edit: this is completely off topic, but it send flags that really bother me from a "Kennel Club" - take a look at the very bottom of this application form!

Edited by Al Jones

Thanks. He looks purebred to us and everyone around here loves him when we take him to the puppy park. It is funny, no one around here has ever seen his color. Most people around here just know of the greay and white or black and white huskies. They always tell me that he is rare, we know that he isn't but whose to argue lol ;)

Registered ???

Pure bred ???

Who cares

Give him all your love.

Make him a part of your family.

be part of his pack

He gets 15 years out of your life

You get his whole life.

It's a good deal.

My boy Harry looks like a pure bred husky but we just don't know nor care as he's a rescue and we have no idea on his background, age or anything.  We love him unconditionally, he could be a spaniel and it wouldn't change a thing. 

Unless you are wanting to make money from him then I'd just let it go.

Enjoy him for him and forget the paperwork :)

Ive figured out that papers dont mean jack. I am starting to love this site.

Welcome to the REAL world of Husky Owners.

Where the dog matters. . . 

The rest is all . . . just not important..

post-1354-0-70052200-1389473934_thumb.jp