Vets

Stormy

Took Skye to the vet today for the bald patches she's got to go in tomorrow morning at 8.15 I'm having to leave her there :( she's having skin scrapes done to test for mange as he thinks that is what it is. They don't start scratching until it has become infected which he thinks one of the patches is. So I'm dropping her off in the morning never left her at the vets before :(

Oh the experience at the waiting room was fun... Had two snotty women giving me dirty looks because Skye barked at their dog.... Ans comments saying glad ours are laying down nicely bla bla bla

Right I've got her back now :) she hasn't got mange she's on antibiotics and were back in a week. He said you can do all sorts of tests on the skin but he doesn't want to subject her to it as he doesn't feel it's needed unless it becomes any worse. The anti biotics should hopefully clear anything secondary he said.

I took the oppurtunity while she was there to take shadow out on his own also he loved it and gonna take Skye on her own also soon :)

So 96 pounds later and were back she didn't even seem that fussed to see me again lol!!!

Glad it's nothing serious and that the antibiotics work ok :up:

Well at least you know she doesn't have mange, that's gotta be a good thing.  Have they got any inklings at all about what it could be?

I make Paul come with me to the vets normally and tell him to wait outside with Bear/Ice (even in the rain, lol) I sit inside and let him know when it's their turn so he can bring them in.  It's a hassle but tbh it's nerve wracking enough being down the vets (you're never there for anything good!) last thing you need to hear is other people chatting rubbish about your dog! 

Well at least you know she doesn't have mange, that's gotta be a good thing.  Have they got any inklings at all about what it could be?

I make Paul come with me to the vets normally and tell him to wait outside with Bear/Ice (even in the rain, lol) I sit inside and let him know when it's their turn so he can bring them in.  It's a hassle but tbh it's nerve wracking enough being down the vets (you're never there for anything good!) last thing you need to hear is other people chatting rubbish about your dog! 

Some people are just snobby and they only had tiny little dogs and they just look down on people unfortunately!! End of the day no dog really likes being at the vets though that is questionable with mine they seem to like the vet :S but obv a small waiting room full of dogs is going to create some noise.... 

Yeah i am glad it isn't Mange :)

He said it could be many many things but unless it gets worse we are going to be monitoring it as he does not want to subject her to skin biopsys unless it is really necessary ... nice to find a vet who isn't all about the money!!!! And i am taking her back a week friday to him personally as he wants to keep an eye on it personally.