Rip Mr Mole :(

Clare70

Not sure where to post this, maybe in the rainbow bridge?

Took the dogs out yesterday lunch time, sun was shining and we were about to set off on a nice relaxing stroll, if that's even possible with 2 huskies :)

Got just outside the gate when Harry made a lunge for the hedge and ended up with half of it in his gob along with something black and furry.  In a bit of a panic, hubby and I tried to get him to drop whatever it was he had caught, only for Harry to stand there looking at us as if to say 'yeah right!' 

I prized Harrys jaw open and then began shaking his head to try and get him to release whatever it was he had, hubbys excuse was he had hold of Harry and couldn't possibly risk him running off :)  After lots of 'leave it' 'drop it', I thought for a moment about putting my hand in and grabbing what ever was there.  Sense took over and the thought of 1) Harry accidentally biting me or 2) whatever was in there biting me, I thought better of it.  Hubby said amongst the shiney black fur he could see some mole hands/paws.  

With one large swallow, Mr Mole was gone, Harry had decided enough was enough.  We continued on our walk feeling rather queasy at what we'd just witnessed and shocked at how stubborn Harry was.

RIP Mr Mole :(

RIP Mr. Mole

for that reason we do not have any moles in our garden Bindi loves them can smell them a long way down.. always digs up fresh mole hills on our walk which can be a major pain at times...

Goodbye Moley. Yeah I can well imagine how that would leaving you feeling a bit yucky, not the nicest thing to see. I once found a decapitated pidgeons head in my sneaker, many years back that a cat had put in there. Wasnt much fun. :(

Wasn't sure whether to starve him last night after his lunch time snack, you know mixing meat with kibble :)  Decided to feed him anyway and again this morning, not sure how long the mole will take to digest, been keeping an eye on his 'other end' :)