Post Your Driver's License/i.d./passport Photos!

Jay

Yeah had to do that with mine too but then I couldn't see the screen and squinted lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

well yes I cannot see any further then about 1 inch in front of me so i just guess where I have to look  :rofl:  :rofl: normally the first 2 times I look the wrong way...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one who lives somewhere you are allowed to smile in your picture?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

They actually tell you NOT to smile here. Guess they figure if you need to show it you won't be happy about it LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

we are not allowed to smile for official id's...might make us hooman,..

lol - these are awesome! 

Like Jason, they told me to not smile for mine. My guess is you have a neutral expression so its easier to identify you? After all, most likely you're not going to be smiling when you show it. 

And besides, when I smile, I have dimples...so it kinda makes me look like a different person. :P

we are not allowed to smile for official id's...might make us hooman,..

are you familiar with Russell Peters? He's the richest stand-up comedian in the world (I think). One of his joke materials are about this "don't smile" rule for formal photographs. It still one of my favorite jokes:

"Have you ever seen terrorists on TV? Well, have you ever seen any of them smile? If officials want to catch terrorists, they should make people smile instead. If there's any who isn't willing to smile, interrogate them!" 

It's 5 years ago that I got this ID (that is still valid, I have to add!). I looked so different then  :huh:

post-2355-0-13453600-1397234857.jpg

Last time I went to England I went through the passport check and the woman looked at my ID, looked at me, looked back at the ID and mumbled "You look a bit different now, don't you?"  :shrug:

For comparison a recent photo:

post-2355-0-94159300-1397234853_thumb.jp

Over here licenses are good for 5 years but you can renew once online and they will use your old picture. So you only have to update your picture every 10 years. Too bad I had to update mine last time :(. But it will be 2022 before I have to update my picture! I'll almost be a senior citIzen by then :o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2