Champion At Burying

lucalupus

Hello to all ,

We have had Luca for three weeks now and she is settling in nicely, she was a rescue dog and we think she is three to four years of age. Previously we have always had border collies and loved them all, but the antics this lad gets up to makes me smile...we are trying to give him treats between meals ( he earns them as his running with me is coming on, or me with him anyway !) but he just buries everything. I have to say he digs a magnificent hole which is just the right size and then pushes the earth back with his nose and covers his tracks perfectly !

Is this something I need to come to expect ?

Dave

We don't really have any dirt that is dig-able.  Mostly just firm grass that's pretty tough to get through (at least for me it is)

Mine always digs in the sand at dog parks or the beach but I find it adorable.

But yes, huskies are known to dig -- at least that's what I've read :)

Mine seems to do it as casually as the next dog so I don't know if it's just typical dog behavior or not :o.

My cousin's chihuahua mix digs holes and hides stuff too :l.

Mine dig for their lives :) We have alot of mole hills in our field at the moment and they love nothing more than to dig right down and try to find a mole :)  Don't think I've ever seen them fill it back in though and as we don't take toys out with us, they've never had the chance to hide them :)

Darwin and Daughtry are both expert diggers as the ankle breaking holes that lie in wait for the unwary in my back garden can attest to.

However. . . . 

They haven't mastered the filling the holes back in part.. . . sigh